ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile time of 172

EP3 Civic Type R

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea what these 172s would generally run in a standing quater sprint... ive recently had my car ran up the strip and just want to see how much is in it...

cheers

rich

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My first run up a strip ever I did 15.4 on completly standard 172, nothing ripped out.

But I reckon I could get that down to 15.0 with a better launch etc.

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 09 April 2004

avon park in stratford... ran 15.3 @ 92
Did you go up last sunday in a gold 106 gti and your mate had the same?? What have you done to it if it was you it looked like an exhaust and air filter???

Elise/VX220/R26

My current best is 15.4 with a piper x open filter so basically standard. It feels a lot quicker now with the decat and more miles so Im hoping for high 14s this year (specially when the r sport ecu is on)

CTR EK9 turbo

First ever run with a bogged-down start in my old 172 mk.1 was 15.1 at santapod. Car was completely standard with 3/4 tank fuel and crap in boot/rear seats .

EP3 Civic Type R

Quote: Originally posted by adcooper on 09 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 09 April 2004avon park in stratford... ran 15.3 @ 92[/QUOTE]Did you go up last sunday in a gold 106 gti and your mate had the same?? What have you done to it if it was you it looked like an exhaust and air filter???

aye thats right... I have a decat exhaust and manifold, my best run of 15.3 was done with the clutch slipping through 2nd gear... I think lower 15s is possible, first time ive ran though :D

Nice one mate will you be there next weekend?? I will be going and having ago in my standard 172 for the first time!!!!

Probably do a 19.9!! May take my Suzuki instead may get in to the 15s then!!

EP3 Civic Type R

Quote: Originally posted by adcooper on 11 April 2004
Nice one mate will you be there next weekend?? I will be going and having ago in my standard 172 for the first time!!!!Probably do a 19.9!! May take my Suzuki instead may get in to the 15s then!!

Nah mate... im from Newcastle I was staying with my mate down in Worcester, car broke down coming back as well :(

I will be back at some point in the summer, wouldnt mind a bit jest with a 172 next time ;)

EP3 Civic Type R

all within the space of a week -

Radiator leaked
ABS light on dash
knocking noise from engine, not exactly sure where its coming from

Car wont idle for most of the time, total loss of power misfiring probably only on 3 cylindars... all started on my way back from avon park pretty much, booked to get sorted out on the 21st though as the car still has a warranty which is good for a 1997 gti.

Oh need new rear bushes as well and a washer for my passenger door as it creaks and snaps sounds generally nasty.

what can I say... its french

EP3 Civic Type R

Other bloke in gti was my mate steve... running same mods as me just about, blue 172? you refering to the one parked up with the evo and wrx? that would of been Kev Goulders from FFWD Motorsport... wanted a race with that :p

Yer thats the one, mine was hidden away on the grass (2003 blue 172) Myself and a few mates may be going next sat, hopfully they will take there cars 2003 CTR and a 2001 EVO 6 GSR! Should be fun! Any advice for my first run up the 1/4???

EP3 Civic Type R

Think I might of seen it....

1/4 runs are very intimidating... launching is not like on a normal road, avon park is dodgy though, when you stage the car, the lights go to green straight away so you have to shift your feet pretty quick off the brake to the throttle. After launching its pretty simple running.

I got a couple of videos from Avon park my mate took... hope it does not rain... was really annoying last week :(

I no the rain really made it a bit poo!! One thing if i dont go for a good reaction time (sit there till the lights green) is that time added to the 1/4 mile time or is it only when you move??

P

peterh2

Just out of interest what times are people getting in standard valvers?

Hi All

I was richs mate in the other 106 GTi, we were running exactly the same mods and we both got 15.3, Iv since had a dastek system fitted which hiked my power to 147bhp so il be interested in running again to better my time.

Anybody who was there will have seen the CTR well he got 15.4 so was quite happy to have bettered him :)

Anyway just thought id say hi

Steve

I sore your car mate nice! You going this weekend coming i will be having a go in my standard 172 hoping to get into the 15s ish!!