ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 enigne into 1.2 price for engine

S2000
tbh they can be had cheaper than that, but then again they usually have more milage on them than that one. However, on the other hand theres not really any way of proving that milage so who knows if they are telling the truth. I've seen quite a few go up for about £50 before.

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah would i be better going to a scrappy then coz then at least i can see it in the car and possibly start it up and hear it run

S2000
Martin_89 said:
to be honest its not even worth going from a 1.2 8v to a 1.4 8v atleast go for an RSi engine, but valver/willy lump all the way!

the thing is though that if you are going from a 1.2 energy to a 1.4 energy it's about an extra 20bhp and you don't have to tell the insurance as both engines look identical (though of course you should tell them - just they aren't likely to notice) and also it's a straight swap and if you do it yourself £50 or £100 is excellent value for money for an extra 20bhp or so.