ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v mk2 face lift clio juddering problem

Saxo VTS and Clio mk2 1.4
hi all this is a question from my mrs really her clio has been playing up for a while (slowly over a year) and has been hesitating when accelerating normally between 2 and 3 thousand rpm. this has got worse over the past year (almost to the point where it wont rev past 3k rpm) so she had diagnostics done at a local garage which said the accererator pedal was at fault. this was replaced and now the juddering/hesitating is even worse than before.

the car has been back a number of times and today the diangostics asid there was about 12 things at fault that are not broken! we have been advised to take it to renault to see what they have to say about it but our local garage seem to think the ecu could be faulty causing these problems, which really is going to be in excess of £1000 i expect!

has anyone else had these problems? i know coil packs/plugs are the common problem but none of these have ever come up as faulty on the diagnostics!

thanks in advacne :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i also have a throttle body and will undercut josh by 15% what ever he offers you. ;)
j/k
and another pedal if u wanna try that!

my 1.4 was always going into limp mode, we changed the pedal, the body, coils, you name it. then they always give you the 'i dont know' answer by saying "take it to renault its most lilky your ecu or your wiring loom"

mine ended up being a cable that was shorting on the metal gearbox casing.