ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mrk 2 Phase 2

Clio 172
Im quite new to cliosport so could really use all the help i can get which is why i thought i would start a progress thread, this way i can get the feed back i so despretly need :)
(oh and you will have to excuse my spelling, it isn't my strong point :p

Anyway ill start buy telling you about the car :)

it's a 1.2 :/

it's blue...

there isnt really much more i can say at this point so ill just show you a picture :p

Photo0286.jpg

So not long after i bought her i went a little crazy with cheap mods which with it being my first car some of you out there maybe able to understand. firstly there was the white stripes. And yes i do realise i have destroyed the car by doing this but you will be glad to know they were removed as soon as i relised what i had done lol :)

Photo0411.jpg

Photo0416.jpg

Soon after black plastic trims and tinted rear lights were soon installed (yer i know this is really bad but it does get better...kind of :/ )

anyway then oneday i woke up and realised that was showcasing possibly the worst clio ever and to be quite honest i decided things had to change!!

it began by firstly removeing the hidous white striped. it took days but i spose it serves me right for putting them on haha :)

a few weeks later my mate wrote his clio off and for a bargine price of 40 quid i picked up a full powerflow exhaust system. (still not keen on it tho, too loud)

unfortuatly i then picked up a set of 17" hei fuji alloys which at the time i thought were great but once again not really what i wanted but they went on anyway.

Photo0522.jpg

Photo0529.jpg

then i purchased a fli sound system which i quite like :)

Photo0501.jpg

i do apologse for this thread being abit crap but its the best i could do lol and as for the car well ive made a lot of mistakes with it but i am trying to put things right lol im currently respraying the diamond badge on the front and the clio badge on the back in black. (pics will be up soon) some 15 inch alloys will be on there way next month and a spot of lowering :) will update soon as possible :)

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on right, and taking things in the right direction!

I'm not sure if those alloys would actually look good if you got it slammed and colour coded. :eek:

Clio 172
at least you have realised your mistakes :) good luck with the project, plans sound decent

thanks :) it will take a few months of saving to bring the car back up to standard but hopefully it will be getting there by the start of summer :)

unless i just randomly happen to stuble across a large amount of money then it will be done alot quicker haha :)

Clio 172
And........ this is them painted and drying (sorry about the picture the lighting was all wrong)

IMG_0218.jpg

the colour looks brown in the photos but its black really lol

IMG_0219.jpg

will take some pictures when they back on the car :) comments welcome :)

Clio 172
I just found a couple of pics from around winter. Most up to date pics i have i think apart the resprays shown above.

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

pics with the sprayed badges coming soon :)

M135i
Reminds me of mine when i first started :) Black looks good on nautical blue.

Could do with some smaller wheels and lowering a wee bit and would look spot on .

Clio 172
Reminds me of mine when i first started :) Black looks good on nautical blue.

Could do with some smaller wheels and lowering a wee bit and would look spot on .

thanks :) and smaller wheels i am currently saving for them :p and lowering will shortly follow :)

Clio 172
looking much better, what wheels are you putting on it?

thanks :) and im not sure what alloys i want yet but i have just bought some standerd clio alloys which im gonna respray in black just so i can lower the car on some vmax coilovers.but ill be lookinmg to buy better alloys in the near future :)

Clio 172
**Not really an update but i done a few thing :approve: **

just put new spark plugs and changed the oil and oil filter :)

It defo needed doing as it wasn't running very smooth but much better now :)

oh and i got some non sport clio alloys so i can begin the lowering!

Gonna respray them in black with a blue diamonds but im not sure what black??

^^ hope this makes sence :)

any ideas are welcome thanx guys

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
looks good mate, i want to paint my clio badge/diamond. is it easy to do

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
looks not bad, defo needs lowered, smaller wheels and put the standard rear lights back on! could tidy it up with subtle things like silvervisions, clear side repeaters and colour coding too

Clio 172
looks good mate, i want to paint my clio badge/diamond. is it easy to do

yer mate very easy just dont rush and alooys enough drying time. :) if your not sure go scrap yard rip one off a clio and have a practice first :)

pics of mine on the car will be up as soon as i find my iphone cable lol :)

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Looks good mate! I contacted the guys at Rokkor the other day and they said it would be £138 delivered to the UK :)

Clio 172
looks not bad, defo needs lowered, smaller wheels and put the standard rear lights back on! could tidy it up with subtle things like silvervisions, clear side repeaters and colour coding too

thanks for the tips :) wheels have been purchased collecting them on tomorrow :rasp: respraying them over the next few weeks ;)

progress is gonna be slow though cause i got tax and mot to pay for first :(

Clio 172
i really want to get rokkor coilovers but i first i need to know some things!

how much do they cost?
where do i get them?
will they fit my 1.2 mark 2 phase 2 clio?

any help would be greatly appreciated

ph2 172
I'm on my iPod atm so I can't post a link. If you search for the non sport coilovrr group buy thread there is lots of info in there about camber and fitting them.

Clio 172
ive got the coilovers and alloys sorted will do a proper update when they all arrive should be tuesday next week :)

thanks for all the comments :)

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
sweet mate! all you need now is a rs grill! :]
will look nice slammed! how low are you planning on going?

Clio 172
sweet mate! all you need now is a rs grill! :]
will look nice slammed! how low are you planning on going?

rs grill next month :) i will put up pics of the alloys satauday and im picking up the coilies on tuesday so will show put pics of them when i get them and of the car when there fitted :) cant wait really im dead excited like a kid befor crimbo haha :)

Fabia VRS
rs grill next month :) i will put up pics of the alloys satauday and im picking up the coilies on tuesday so will show put pics of them when i get them and of the car when there fitted :) cant wait really im dead excited like a kid befor crimbo haha :)

Should look qualo mate!
and welcome to the 1.2 club ;)