ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 engine tuning

Clio mk1 1.2
i have just blown head gasket on my 1.2 mk1 clio and rather then fix it and have a standard 1.2 i was wandering whether there was any performance mods i could put into it like 1.8 pistons for instance

Chadders

Nope forget about trying to tune it put a 1.8 or 2.0 in instead.
You cannot get the 1.8 pistons into your car firstly as the blocks not big enough to get the pistons in.

theres stuff you can do to it, like a 1.8 throttle body, cams, head work, etc. BUT none of it is cost effective!

Clio mk1 1.2
oh ok then i was just wandering whether i could do anything to head whilst i was changing the gasket to make it quicker

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Depends how much money you got, if youve got loads - gas flow the head, put a 263 degree cam in, different valves and a proper clean will see sweet gains. 1.8 laguna throttle body is ok but youll have to bore out your inlet manifold as well then get it remaped! It all comes down to money and how long you want to keep the car!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as has already been said its not cost effective to mod a 1.2 but we all start somewhere and thats exactly what im doing, its only money, dont work for nothing! ;)

Is it a phase 1/2?

If so, just bang a 1.4 energy in for an easy 20bhp gain....you'll get an engine for under 50quid thesedays...and a couple hundred to fit.

Identical to your 1.2 engine so no need to tell insurance etc...just remove the engine tags.