ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 bottom ball joint part no. found :)

Sunflower 172 :)
Hey there guys and girls i needed a bottom ball joint for my car a few weeks ago and wasnt goin to pay the dealer prices for a full lower arm. So i managed to find that quinton hazel do just the ball joint its self the same as the original. the Part no. is QSJ1646S. hope this will be of some help to somebody :)

titanic killer
great find that is matey i need a o/s bottom ball joint and was told you can only buy the whole lower arm for a 172 so to find this is sweet,nice one

titanic killer
ive just found loads of ball joints to fit clio mk 2 but all state Excluding 2.0 16v 172 182s
so i guess these wont fit my car then?
how come they dont fit?different bolt spacing etc??

titanic killer
apparently so mate
i cant find any of these ball joints that fit clio sport 172/182 ll say excluding said model
renault want me to pay for the whole arm circa £60

clio sport cup 172
got poly bushes in my wishbones, so when a ball joint fails got to buy new wishbones at 60quid and got to change poly bushes over also, what a pain that is, :dapprove:

BMW M135i
I've been telling people about this for ages! A lot better than paying renault for a whole new wishbone.

Lots of Alfas
^In that its cheaper? Can anyone clarify it it needs modifying for a 172/182??? I dont like the sound of that, these parts need to be very strong.

clio sport cup 172
why is it you can get ball joints on their own for all other clio,s except the 172/182 what a rip off!!!

clio trophy No56
I payed £118 for both sides from reno, my mate fitted them for £40, took about 1hour 30mins to do. He did look else where for them first but said that the reno ones were quite cheap, plus they had them delivered for me the next day.

titanic killer
^In that its cheaper? Can anyone clarify it it needs modifying for a 172/182??? I dont like the sound of that, these parts need to be very strong.
I understand tht just the ball joints are cheaper but we cant seem to get just the ball joints for our cars,so i guess we have to purchase the whole arm then?

BMW M135i
The QH ball joints will be fine, renault only sell you a new arm hence the cost whereas QH make just a ball joint hence cheaper. Most local factors will be able to supply QH stuff.

titanic killer
qh dont have the ones for 172/182 they only list the ones for all other mk2 clios
every one says excluding 172/182 models
bmh.01 are you saying that we can just use the same ones for all the other models on ours??
as someone said they need to be modified to fit ours??
help would be great

BMW M135i
Pass, all I know is that my local factor can get them and showed me one when I went for one for the 1.6.

ive just found loads of ball joints to fit clio mk 2 but all state Excluding 2.0 16v 172 182s
so i guess these wont fit my car then?
how come they dont fit?different bolt spacing etc??
Different spacing and bolts holes.

why is it you can get ball joints on their own for all other clio,s except the 172/182 what a rip off!!!
You cannot get just ball joint for the none rs from renault
Pass, all I know is that my local factor can get them and showed me one when I went for one for the 1.6.
Your right they do one but its not a 172 part it is for another car just so happens they share the samer party fitment.

I'd guess a megane seeing as thats where the brakes come from?

I've been thinking about getting the exact part numbers for some time but I don't realy have the time and plus its a good idea to chnage the whole arm anyway.

clio sport cup 172
like i said ive got poly bushes in my bottom arms so only need balljoints bit of a potch buying new wishbones and changing the bushes over again??