ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.1 TCE Uprated Clutch: Which one?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi, I'm at a loss on which clutch I should pick. It's in need of a new one fairly soon. Seems like the previous owner rode the clutch a lot and It's just about being finished off by myself. Preferably one which can handle 160-180BHP

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Valeo 801015 which originally is made for a 480 turbo, you'd only have to bolt it too the old pressure plate, copy some holes and it'll work and probably hold 200bhp or more

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if your running 130bhp with id guess 140-150lbft its not the previous owner its just the clutch cant handle it!

theres nothing off the shelf so you need to have something custom made up, or the above idea is interesting not sure if its confirmed to be possible or just an idea?

stay away from planting the throttle at 2000-3000rpm when the torque comes in to prolong it!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The standard tCe clutches are just terrible anyway and I had to do ours after 23k due to the pressure plate not being able to hold standard power/torque.

New unit and it'll be okay again for a few years but on a modified car you would be better off with something uprated however you need to take into account the concentric clutch which uses a hydraulic slave... go too high and the slave either won't last (then it'll pop it's seals) or it won't be able to push it at all (and it'll pop it's seals).

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not an area ive had any experiance with, YET! but I assume this wouldn't be a problem with a standard clutch that has been re manufactured with uprated material still using the standard clutch cover etc mick?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Foto550-C6KFSVIV.jpg

Foto550-FARCCIES.jpg

Foto550-Y3I6O6S7.jpg

Foto550-ZYWBMS3A.jpg

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Hasn't been confirmed to work yet but atleast the pressure plate fits and has been proven on gt turbo's more than once

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I think there's about around an inch left on the pedal, you can literally freely move it up and down in gear and it will only start to latch as you are coming off of it.

I'm seeing DAN for K03s fitting soon, probably in the summer. If I can get a hold of a clutch now, I can have that done the same time otherwise it would probably be pointless even fitting the new turbo because of slip.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
If i know more i'll let you know. It's a friend of mine doing this, the problem is the engine probably won't go in for a while