ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

06 plate 1.6 Dynamique S Management Light!

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
Hi,

I was driving to Gloucester from Birmingham this morning (I commute every day) and my management light came on with the service spanner and the message "Check emissions" popped up on the dash..

Now, there has been a very slight blow on the exhaust for a couple of weeks that I intend to fix.

My question is, could it be that? If so, can I turn the light off in any way?

Cheers.

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
06 Plate 1.6 16v Fault code P0001

Does anybody know what this means?

My exhaust has been blowing and the management light came on this morning on the way to work. It is shows up on the diagnostics as;

Catalyst efficiency or Fuel volume regulator control

Renaults
Where is the exhaust blowing from it could in theory be the that but it really depends where it is blowing from if its after the cat and oxy sensors i doubt its the exhaust blowing thats causing this. I am right in thinking your car has VVT? Is there a ticking noise when you start up from cold have you noticed, sounds a little like a diesel?

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
Where is the exhaust blowing from it could in theory be the that but it really depends where it is blowing from if its after the cat and oxy sensors i doubt its the exhaust blowing thats causing this. I am right in thinking your car has VVT? Is there a ticking noise when you start up from cold have you noticed, sounds a little like a diesel?

Hi thanks for your reply!

I believe it is blowing just before the cat (where the manifold meets) it does have VVT yes. When I start the car it seems fine, doesn't hold back or anything and I can barely hear the engine running to be honest with you.

Renaults
If its blowing after the first oxygen sensor and before the cat it will be that. If you get that sorted I bet you find its that.
Hope you get it fixed