ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'04 182 clicking noise

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I wonder if anyone can help me with this wee problem:

My 182 is making a faint clicking noise from (I think) the front right wheel.

It sounds almost as if there is a stone stuck in the tread and it is tapping on the road as the wheel goes round. However, no matter how much I look at it I can't seem to find what is making the noise.

I've obviously checked my treads and had a look to see if anything is fouling the wheel but for the life of me I cannot find anything.

It's not a 'mechanical' noise and there are no vibrations etc through steering or pedals so can't see it being anything serious but it's REALLY annoying me now.

Has anyone got any ideas (has to be something simple I'm missing)

Cheers,

David

I have heard that the carbon canister can click/rattle couldnt say for 100% but that is behind your front right wheel arch liner. Not difficult to remove and doesnt really serve a purpose.

Failing that could be your CV joint or perhaps a stone in the caliper?

Hope this helps
Matt

CX-7,westfield,ix20
It doesn't sound like a knackered cv joint but I guess it's worth checking as it'll sound slightly different on different cars.

Gonna inspect it again tonight and hopefully i'll be able to locate it!