ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 of 1.2 8v’s and 16v’s...

Audi S3 225

Since being robbed and putting my old 14s on I’ve been having a bit of fun in my car ragging it around everywhere as my cars lighter and faster and 2day my m8 sold me a almost brand new viper induction kit from his 1.2 16v for 95 quid.;)

I bodged it on just about and it don’t sound no different to my pipercross ik, but I aint bothered as it looks much better and is probably healthier for my engine.

Anyway I would like to know what people with 1.2 8v and 16v’s are getting 0-60 wise, I went out earlier in my car and tried timing myself with the stopwatch on my phone and got 11 secs dead, this was with my ktec exhaust and viper, my cars a 1.2 8v.

Is this good, and what sort of times are you lot getting?

Allan

11.5 (ish) to 60 recorded on video

1.2 16v, with k-tec exhaust, s-spec filter and relocation pipe

im certain that yours wont be anywhere near that quick

Audi S3 225

Well it probably was out a little as it was done on my phone, what time do you think I should be getting then, I had just under half a tank of petrol. Remember I used 14s and its lowered 70mm so it’s well aerodynamic.;)

Seriously tho if you get 11.5 in a 16v then I should probably be getting 12 and over then. I’ll give it a go 2moro; I would like to hear some times from 1.2 8v owners to compare.

Allan

Im thinking u should be getting 12.5 tops really mate....

Im not sure what mine is coz i aint had it timed but textbook figure is aparently 13.0 and im on 17s so probably slower! but im going back to standard 15s soon!

if ur doing the timing urself or on a phone etc then u should probably have a margin of error of one 1 second too fast anyways..

ive done it in about 12.5 quickest with a good start. although i do have some heavy ice in...and 17s

by the way jonesy...how did you bodge the ik on? any pics? surely cant be good for the car?!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i did a 9.8 0-60 in my 1.4 16v about a month ago, and had 1 person in the car and not much fuel. had just been doing !22 odd on the motorway so im not sure if that cleaned all the sh*t outta my engine or wot!?

-phil-

Audi S3 225

Wasn’t too hard to get on had to cut my silicone hose as it was too long and the viper almost touched the radiator! It sounds weird like a swirling noise or something can’t really explain it, defiantly makes a different noise to my pipercross. Maybe its come loose or fallen off, ill check 2moro and get some pics.

Quote: i did a 9.8 0-60 in my 1.4 16v about a month ago, and had 1 person in the car and not much fuel. had just been doing !22 odd on the motorway so im not sure if that cleaned all the sh*t outta my engine or wot!?

-phil-

Sounds about right mate as renault quote 10 seconds dead for the 1.4 16v!

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

iv had just under 10 secs from mine wiv the petrol light on, no back seats and the spare wheel taken out!! and my mate in the passenger seat wiv a stopwatch!

car is standard apart from piper-x IK wiv home made air feed