ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

‘Claud’ The RB 182

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Been a bit quiet on this thread. Things have been ticking along in the back end.

Car is currently at my friends having the front end sprayed. Turned out whoever previously sprayed the bonnet had bodged the living s**t out of it. I'll get some pics, but basically filling rusty holes with fibreglass and filler..... Proper cow boy job. This resulted in me (amazingly) buying a brand new bonnet from Renault. This is at the spray shop and being sorted as we speak.

I am hoping to get the new calipers, pads, discs and spacers, brake lines etc and engine and box mounts on this weekend. If possible and back in time.

In other news, the exhaust is leaking again so will be booking it in to have the thing cut and welded.

Oh, and I have tyres for the 2118's on the way... so hopefully will be fitting those soon..

Been a bit quiet on this thread. Things have been ticking along in the back end.

Car is currently at my friends having the front end sprayed. Turned out whoever previously sprayed the bonnet had bodged the living s**t out of it. I'll get some pics, but basically filling rusty holes with fibreglass and filler..... Proper cow boy job. This resulted in me (amazingly) buying a brand new bonnet from Renault. This is at the spray shop and being sorted as we speak.

I am hoping to get the new calipers, pads, discs and spacers, brake lines etc and engine and box mounts on this weekend. If possible and back in time.

In other news, the exhaust is leaking again so will be booking it in to have the thing cut and welded.

Oh, and I have tyres for the 2118's on the way... so hopefully will be fitting those soon..

Nicely done finding a genuine bonnet!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
23d5a45a-0f20-4296-b96a-8e1b8ad05259.jpeg
8398aad5-b3ba-4212-960a-5abb6ab11f4b.jpeg
6f2929c0-1b74-4608-8d23-ad31c0b6bf57.jpeg
d35d82e8-ddb2-46b0-b5c1-d341b1afa4bd.jpeg

3bf707fc-3702-4251-9d74-346d06914ef1.jpeg
e4c71820-63a5-4c35-926a-4fbf137c61fe.jpeg

Whoever sprayed this previously wants stringing up!! Not only was it bodged, it was also the wrong colour 😅 there’s only one racing blue ffs. And the panels weren’t aligned properly.

Anyway. It’ll look great when it’s done and I’ll sleep better at night knowing it’s done properly.

#OCD

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1685706View attachment 1685707View attachment 1685708View attachment 1685709
View attachment 1685710View attachment 1685711View attachment 1685712
Whoever sprayed this previously wants stringing up!! Not only was it bodged, it was also the wrong colour 😅 there’s only one racing blue ffs. And the panels weren’t aligned properly.

Anyway. It’ll look great when it’s done and I’ll sleep better at night knowing it’s done properly.

#OCD
Have they had a look over the rest of the car for you? Get some Dynax UC or S50 in the cavities of that bonnet when it comes out of paint. Just to preserve for years to come.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Have they had a look over the rest of the car for you? Get some Dynax UC or S50 in the cavities of that bonnet when it comes out of paint. Just to preserve for years to come.

Yeah, rest of the car is okay thankfully.

I am looking to get the whole car corrected and Ceramic coated. Again, whoever did the previous coating didn't really prep the paint properly and it's basically... also s**t. So will be getting done again, properly.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, rest of the car is okay thankfully.

I am looking to get the whole car corrected and Ceramic coated. Again, whoever did the previous coating didn't really prep the paint properly and it's basically... also s**t. So will be getting done again, properly.
Yeah, it'll be brilliant once you've had it all sorted.

My RB had some remedial work before my purchase. No rot thankfully, but just shabby workmanship. Panels and bonnet out of alignment. Paint on one panel the wrong shade.

Our lads sorted it and it's so satisfying when everything lines up. It's like a new car.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it'll be brilliant once you've had it all sorted.

My RB had some remedial work before my purchase. No rot thankfully, but just shabby workmanship. Panels and bonnet out of alignment. Paint on one panel the wrong shade.

Our lads sorted it and it's so satisfying when everything lines up. It's like a new car.

Yeah, basically the same issues here mate. I am not pissed over the whole thing, it's a 54 plate car after all and I enjoy being its caretaker...

But it is frustrating some peoples idea of workmanship!

I'm not going for concourse, but the general aim is solid, tidy and usable.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back. Looks tremendous as always from my paint guy.

Hopefully weather will improve over the weekend and I’ll give it a good clean etc and take some pics.

The amount of thumbs up/looks/ comments these rb’s get is astonishing. People love them!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update to the spec in terms of parts:

BC Coilovers
Speedline 2118 Ktec motorclub lightweight rims Et40
PMS 10mm beam spacers
PMS front 18mm spacers
Whiteline ARB
SuperPro camber bolts
Godspeed front discs
PBS pads
HEL lines/Rbf700 fluid
Carbon engine cover
Custom battery cover
Corbeau RB seats
Sabelt RenaultSport steering wheel
Voluntech steering wheel controls
Momo/Ktec hub
PMS carbon shifter
Miltek non resonated decat system
Powerflex dogbone
Powerflex engine mount
Ktec induction kit
BTT exhaust hangers

Geometry by All Square

The penetration has been deep thus far.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Only managed to get the powerflex mount insert in today before the heavens opened.

Once it dried out I ran out of motivation.

But, I have just got back from a test run and basically what everyone else says, it’s definitely an improvement for the application in which I am using it for. Slightly more vibey at idle, but nothing to write home about. car feels more responsive and the gearbox/gear selection is a marked improvement

IMG_8137.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Very grubby morning replacing the rear calipers, pads, discs (w/bearings) and rear hoses.

Hoses were a nightmare. One still won’t come off so will probably order new pipes as well 😅😂

The old bearings had zero movement in them, but Christ the difference! And the handbrake works a charm now as well.

IMG_8201.jpeg
IMG_8202.jpeg
IMG_8203.jpeg
IMG_8204.jpeg
IMG_8206.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Big photo whoring I’m afraid.

Gave it a bath and a go over with some wax. It really is a brilliantly straight car, tonnes of effort has gone in to it so far, and more to come. It’s all coming together how I’d planned, sadly photos don’t seem to do it justice.

IMG_8212.jpeg
IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8220.jpeg
IMG_8221.jpeg
IMG_8222.jpeg
IMG_8225.jpeg
IMG_8226.jpeg
IMG_8227.jpeg
IMG_8228.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Did someone make some wheel centres for these before? Would tidy them up loads! Looks amazing overall.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Engine bay as it stands. Not bad.

I will get round to getting some of the bits refurbed (inlet etc) to tidy things up a bit.
IMG_8207.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I adapted some cheapo generic centre caps for my 2118's. Stops the hub nuts going rusty.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t use the stereo really anyway, so removed the rest of the rear today.

Also cleaning the belts as they’re a bit mingpigs.

IMG_8710.jpeg