ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£maxogen

Chelsea tractor
A car with the same mods as mine plus a Maxogen made slighlty less power on Surrey Rolling Road rollers than my car with a modified std airbox.

But more importantly can anyone actually prove that the £400 Maxogen gives any real power increase over any other type of intake?

http://www.itgairfilters.com/downloads/clio172.pdf

Before and after. On the SAME ENGINE.

If you knowanything about these car's you'll be aware that no two make the same power. So you proof is pretty ropey to say the least.

Although I'm sure you ghetto airbox is far better. just because you can't afford one, there's no need to be bitter.;)

And I'm fed up of saying that I wouldn't pay £400 for one either! I paid £300 which isn't really any more expensive than Viper/BMC etc.

I'd take that link with a pinch of salt to be honest... ;) Especially as it's the manufacturer's site!

VaVa
Whatever. It's the best i can do. lol.

If you've got £400 buy one. If you haven't don't. Simple.

I've got one, I'm happy with it and couldn't give a s**t if people think it's good value or not.

I got one on the back of some advice of a very well respected tuner, not some DIY hero. lol.

some info I got a while back. I swapped my viper for a maxogen.....

emailed the company Jesske mentioned I think there from Belgium www.cliosport.org. Got a reply within the hour! I was asking what he thought about the cup intake arrangement vs. the viper.

"I have to check the up to date price for a few people already. I sold many of these, but because of the new RS, prices are changed. I will inform you asap
I can tell you that it won't give you more performance than an ITG filter and that ITG is much better quality. You have to keep in mind that everything they use in Cup is as standard it can be, because they don't care if it's broken the first or second time, they just put another one in it. That means quality is not allways as good as an aftermarket product. I know many tuners love the Viper besides the ITG, but we measured powerlosses in some rpm ranges with the Viper. The ITG is absolutely the best filter you can get

If you want my honest opinion, I wouldn't do this mod because you won't notice the difference with the changes you already did. You've spent lots of money on your mods and if I were you, I would spent my money on an ITG"

So a maxogen is better then a viper for power according to him and dont bother with the cup car bits. Pretty helpful and honest really.

Whatever. It's the best i can do. lol.

If you've got £400 buy one. If you haven't don't. Simple.

I've got one, I'm happy with it and couldn't give a s**t if people think it's good value or not.

I got one on the back of some advice of a very well respected tuner, not some DIY hero. lol.

Oh dear ....... at least you should be able to get most of your investment back if you sell it on ebay. :lolup:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Send all donations of different airboxes and i will do before and afters when the dyno comes. Oh and a clio might help :D

VaVa
Whats the saying....'A fool and his money are easily parted'....:rasp:

Like I said. It's all relative. I paid £300 for mine and at that time I was in a fortunate enough position whereby £300 was f**k all to me. And £300 isn't much more than you paid for your hillpower, which is made out of some heat shielding and sticky back plastic by a bloke in a shed.

Who's the fool? ;):rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lol at all the doubters. Also people fail to realise if i sold my Maxogen i'd easy get ~£220..... so thats a 100 loss or so. A viper would fetch £50..... Whats bettter value now ;) Its all relative tbh. I wanted the best filter for my Cup, and this is it. Period ;)

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Whats the saying....'A fool and his money are easily parted'....:rasp:

Like I said. It's all relative. I paid £300 for mine and at that time I was in a fortunate enough position whereby £300 was f**k all to me. And £300 isn't much more than you paid for your hillpower, which is made out of some heat shielding and sticky back plastic by a bloke in a shed.

No need to get personal?:quiet: Was I a little to near the truth? :lolup: And what did Nick ever do to you? There no need to go throwing insults about.:nono: His shed serves him well and he knows what he's talking about.
Basically they all do the same job and on there own produce very little power. Theres so little documented proof but it seems everyone with a Maxogen thinks theirs is best....got nowt to do with how much they paid? Still looking for a piece of plastic amongst all the alloy tho:rasp:

VaVa

No need to get personal?:quiet: Was I a little to near the truth? :lolup: And what did Nick ever do to you? There no need to go throwing insults about.:nono: His shed serves him well and he knows what he's talking about.
Basically they all do the same job and on there own produce very little power. Theres so little documented proof but it seems everyone with a Maxogen thinks theirs is best....got nowt to do with how much they paid? Still looking for a piece of plastic amongst all the alloy tho:rasp:

I wasn't getting personal.... I was only teasing about Nick. I've had a few bits done by him and he's one of the most knowledgable guys around when it comes to Renaults.

just wanted to see if I could touch an nerve ;)

Clio 172 mk2

Have to agree in some ways....Everyone on here really bangs on about how ITG panels are the best as well....is there any proof of this?

As far as I can see it's just word of mouth on CS and the fact that they cost more than equivalent K&N & Green ones