ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£maxogen

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
total waste of money. you can make one out of the stock airbox.

It won't give you any more power than a modified standard airbox.

Spend the money elsewhere.

It won't give you any more power than a modified standard airbox.

Spend the money elsewhere.

Proof?

A car with the same mods as mine plus a Maxogen made slighlty less power on Surrey Rolling Road rollers than my car with a modified std airbox.

But more importantly can anyone actually prove that the £400 Maxogen gives any real power increase over any other type of intake?

Audi TT 225
Im under no illusions that IK's give you any extra power regardless of the claims.... they just look nice and sound nice... imo
Even if they do give you more power the amount would be so marginal its not worth bothering about compared to proven mods like manifold matching, decat etc

Its the old "I paid £400 for my maxogen so it must be better than all the other IK's and give me more power" trap.

But on the other hand they're much easier on the eyes than the standard airbox, wouldn't mind one myself purely for "the look".

Better than yours. C*nt.
Awesome look and sound. Stop being so jealous all you haters, it's just a good amount of money to throw at looks, but then some could say that about Lusty's flip paint ;)

VaVa

A car with the same mods as mine plus a Maxogen made slighlty less power on Surrey Rolling Road rollers than my car with a modified std airbox.

But more importantly can anyone actually prove that the £400 Maxogen gives any real power increase over any other type of intake?

http://www.itgairfilters.com/downloads/clio172.pdf

Before and after. On the SAME ENGINE.

If you knowanything about these car's you'll be aware that no two make the same power. So you proof is pretty ropey to say the least.

Although I'm sure you ghetto airbox is far better. just because you can't afford one, there's no need to be bitter.;)

And I'm fed up of saying that I wouldn't pay £400 for one either! I paid £300 which isn't really any more expensive than Viper/BMC etc.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Just for reference, how is the Maxogen configured ie. filter shape, layout etc? Is it similar to that of a phase 1 172?

Does anyone know the surface area of the filter?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just for reference, how is the Maxogen configured ie. filter shape, layout etc? Is it similar to that of a phase 1 172?

Does anyone know the surface area of the filter?

filters huge. Much bigger than say a viper etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes, but more of a conventional design

turbo2.jpg

be of equal to a phase 1 172 filter size easily

VaVa
Yes Cylindrical. I would say it's bigger than the Ph1 airbox, but that's by sight. I've never actually measured. lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol.

No bolt on filter will give major hp on a F4R. Its the best induction kit out there for a clio 172/182 bar non. With a CTR for instance there is more choice of high quality kits. With the clio there isn't.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Can someone measure the surface area of a Maxogen for me?

Here are the measurements for both phase 1 and phase 2/182:
Phase 1: 866.25 square cm

Phase 2: 312.375 square cm

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

one thing i would say about surface area is its all relative tbh. Too small is a bad thing (viper is tiny made my car laaaag) Too big..... well the engine can only suck through the intake pipe, so you could have a filter with a surface area the of the bonnet for instance, but that wont gain you anything extra other than trapping more dirt

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

one thing i would say about surface area is its all relative tbh. Too small is a bad thing (viper is tiny made my car laaaag) Too big..... well the engine can only suck through the intake pipe, so you could have a filter with a surface area the of the bonnet for instance, but that wont gain you anything extra other than trapping more dirt

I totally agree Gaz. There will of course be a point where nothing more can be gained. I am just curious to see how much bigger or smaller the Maxogen is in relation to the phase 1 filter.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep agree.... i'd imagine it will be a *tad* smaller than i ph1 tbh.....

http://www.itgairfilters.com/downloads/clio172.pdf

Before and after. On the SAME ENGINE.

If you knowanything about these car's you'll be aware that no two make the same power. So you proof is pretty ropey to say the least.

Although I'm sure you ghetto airbox is far better. just because you can't afford one, there's no need to be bitter.;)

And I'm fed up of saying that I wouldn't pay £400 for one either! I paid £300 which isn't really any more expensive than Viper/BMC etc.

I didn't say it was complete proof but nether the less it was an interesting comparision.

Not a question of being able to afford one or not, more a case of common sense as I do actually know a thing or two about theses cars. ;)