ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£80 to Color Code Side Strips?

i enquired at a local body shop today that had been recommended many a time on here for their work in warrington, Paletine Motors.

Im just after getting my sidestrips done for now, so asked for a price.... they wanted £80.... is this cheap or expensive, what price should i be looking to pay for this? i heard someone on here got a whole front bumper sprayed and the side strips for £110, so surely my quote is overpriced?

cheers if anyone knows... :approve:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i got quoted £90 for the same mate!

jessica, if we send you ours can you get them done for next to nothing, bit of commision your way?!

if i had a darker color i would have had a go myself, but trust me to want to get this odd color and then want it colorcoding :(

tut! i know.. they wanted £150 to swap a backbox.... although Immi said they only wanted 110 for side strips and a whole front bumper....

you know anywhere else in warrington maz?

Mercedes C Class Sport
I went to palentine and got quote £350 for side strips,door handles, spoiler and bumper inserts! My friends dad owns Bodystyle Uk based near the trafford centre and he said he'd do it all for £180....I'd reccommend them tbh

Maz

LY 200
tut! i know.. they wanted £150 to swap a backbox.... although Immi said they only wanted 110 for side strips and a whole front bumper....

you know anywhere else in warrington maz?

Im sorry I dont, im guessing like anything though you get what you pay for ? :D

i dont know, he said my paint was a very hard match, dont know why seeing as its popular on many newer mk3 clios!

Maz

LY 200
^ Thats the son, its a family business, tbh I pref to deal with the dad he is much more customer focused :)

heard there matching is crap on un-common colors :S

is there one on the net called auto paint or auto spray or something?

Mercedes C Class Sport
^ Thats the son, its a family business, tbh I pref to deal with the dad he is much more customer focused :)
Ah right, The guy was alright when i went there, helpful and everything but just gave a bloody high price!
I didnt know there was a mini industrial estate off the cause way either, suprised me

M2 Competition
If you're going to the effort of having the sidestrips sprayed, wouldnt cost much more to get the bumper strips sprayed once paints been mixed up!

Why not do it at same time fella?

im just thinking now like... i dont know if the actual bumper strips would look any good color coded :S

IMG_0133.gif

i just dont know if it would look right in the color the car is...

yeah ive seen them, dont look too bad... the 16v bits look a bit dodgy though... ive nothing to worry about with them as ive got middo giving my spare set some handy work ;)

i might try and get a spare set of bump strips from a breakers, for front, sides and back, and get them sprayed... so if i dont like them i can always go back to the black ones.... hmmmm

Chocolate Bar™
yeah ive seen them, dont look too bad... the 16v bits look a bit dodgy though... ive nothing to worry about with them as ive got middo giving my spare set some handy work ;)

i might try and get a spare set of bump strips from a breakers, for front, sides and back, and get them sprayed... so if i dont like them i can always go back to the black ones.... hmmmm

aye i promise i'll do you proud ;)

Chocolate Bar™
nah 16v badges, i dont do sidestrips as they're too much of an arse and an expense using high build primer, esepecially when a bodyshop will charge you 80 quid which is pretty much what i'd want for materials alone

what color was your car?

whats the quality like, and how long did it take?

and where are they based?

cheers :)

Clio_Smart
Thurrock Essex

I dropped it off in the morning for example on the monday and picked up wednesday :D

Its a bit to far for you to come lol

Picture036.jpg

Clio2.jpg

Clio3.jpg

yeh just a bit too far lol... i might have to try every bodyshop round here, tried about 10 already... all alot more than that!

Clio_Smart
He has a little garage does not look like a garage lol

Couple of poles there or from some country lol

He is cheap and fast.

Ive done all the colour coding i can and im really glad i finally got it all done its a must :D