ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£80 for a 182 oil change

Asked at dealer today regarding oil&filter change for the 182, as it was just after closing I wasnt given an official price but £80..thats surely a bit steep is it not?!

Will cost you £60 for decent oil, £7 for filter £1.50 for sump plug washer, doesnt seam to bad now does it!

Lee

BMW M2C

Just found my invoice out.

Labour: £25.00
Disposal of oil: £4.18
Washer: 82p
1/2 litre of oil x 9 £2.46 each - £22.14
Oil Filter: £5.98

Total: £58.12
VAT: £10.17
Total: 68.29

Ford Fiesta

supply your own oil, then you know whats going in (unless they put their own in anyway, wouldnt put it past them) then you know what to top up with and its decent stuff going in.

Clio 197

Changed my 182 oil myself @ 6k.... dealer quoted me about £60 all inc, with Magnatec....

So I asked for a filter, got the oil... and did it myself... All for under £30 (beware, magnatec comes in 4.5 ltr jug, but Clio requires 4.8 ltr oil... so buy a 1ltr top up kit at the same time)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

National Tyres do semi sythetic Duchams and filter for 15 quid and BP fully synthetic Verso or Visco 700 for 25 quid. They may have trouble getting filters for new cars but still worth 25 quid and supplying your own filter. Or do yourself if you dont mind getting your hands dirty (I woouldnt as it costs more) with some oil from Halfords and a filter. Halfords have had their own oil and Castrol RS half price recently.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

was gonna say! u dont need an oil change yet! thought by the title that ud already had one!

National Tyres are great, like Matty says you can have Oil and Filter included in the price for £15-25.

I wouldnt go anywhere else really.. whats the point?

They cant really get it wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 15 June 2004

and you get a laugh watching the bloke trying to figure out how to get the filter out!!!!
LoL Yep.. even give you a window to watch through.

Quote: Originally posted by clio182 on 15 June 2004
they can xxx my a$$:D

Can i have a go at your arse please, ill only charge half of that!!!;)

Seriously though, V6 Mk2 oil change at Wests Bedford cost me £70-12p last week, and there is more labour involved in doing the vee as appossed to a 172/182, so not sure why they want £80???