ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£700 for a cambelt?

audi a6 3.0tdi
just been to renault in bolton and as above they want £700 to do the cambelt. what has everyone else paid? i'm sure i've read people have paid around the £400 mark.

cheers for any help

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£400 is about right i reckon, get your waterpump done to.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
£300 if just for cambelt. £400 ish for full service manouevre. place in burscough near ormskirk.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I paid £451 for cambelt, water pump, full service and a new inner drive shaft gator/boot thing.

Renault wanted nearly 1200!!!

Ph1
shop about

I just come off the back of a 84k service and the difference between 2 local Renault franchised dealers 36 miles apart was £70 !!

audi a6 3.0tdi
cheers people i've got a local garage i trust so i'll probably take it there just wanted a rough idea of what people have paid.

thanks

Volvo S60 T5
Yeah its around £350+vat from me.
Cambelt kit has just had a price increase from Renault its now £135+Vat, £12+Vat for the cam plugs, £16.97+Vat for the Aux belt.
Rest is labour.

I can if requested just fit a belt which is approix £25+Vat (non-genuine), cam plugs same price and aux belt same price.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I paid £451 for cambelt, water pump, full service and a new inner drive shaft gator/boot thing.

Where was the belt changed matey? I'm due my 48k shortly and i'm going to have the cam and aux' belts done at the same time.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6

Where was the belt changed matey? I'm due my 48k shortly and i'm going to have the cam and aux' belts done at the same time.

A garage I use in huddersfield mate. I found he is one the people you can trust not to rip you off, if he come across anything else while working he rings me to let me know and see what I wanna do. After he did all that he showed me all old parts etc.

Clio 172 mk2
I've been quoted £600 for the cambelt at Renault

I'll be looking elsewhere when it comes to the time.

RB 200 Cup!
glad ive got a master reno tech as a friend - i need cambelt end of this yer - he'll do it for 100 quid

Civic Vtec y0
Mine was £61 + VAT for parts and £85 to fit, along with a oil and filter change.

I have good friends tho

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

A garage I use in huddersfield mate. I found he is one the people you can trust not to rip you off, if he come across anything else while working he rings me to let me know and see what I wanna do. After he did all that he showed me all old parts etc.
I don't suppose you've got an address and contact details have you? Garforth to Huddersfield is only 25 min's and it's worth the trip if you're not going to get screwed.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
The cambelt part is only about £50 trade, the robbing b******s. If you lot pay it they'll keep charging it!

Weeman sucks ****
700 quid sounds about right for a cambelt change from renault.

however i got mine done wiht a new water pump and had some brake lines fitted for 400 :D