ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£70

SG9 Forester STi
It's stupidly expensive now. Which is why I no longer buy BP ultimate.

I use around £10 of petrol a day to work and back - only 30 miles a day! Works out at about one of the blocks on the gauge a day :(.

197 FF Glacier White
I filled my Volvo up a few weeks back, £94! However, it's time to fill up again and I've covered 811 miles, so shouldn't grumble, still, I was getting that for a £70 fill up when I bought it!

The Clio I half fill, get around 180-200 miles from just over half a tank (80% motorway miles at no more than 80 mph)

The missus has a newish Hyundai Getz, nearly £50 to fill the bugger up and only gets 250 miles out of it, Auto or not, thats shocking! It's up for sale soon!

My Landy is another story! It's LPG, when I bought it I could brim it for £50, now its over £100 to brim it with gas, I get 300 miles from that! Thats going as well soon!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
aye V6 cost £70 4years ago, Ali i'm not rich like you, so i run the tank dry ;)

if a 50L tank is £70, then a 60L isn't going to be £72, scotpish maths fail ;)

Who are you trying to kid! You've more money than god!

The V6 has never ever ever cost me £70 to fill! EVER! You've not run yours in 4yrs, clearly your memory fails you!

And i'm Scottish, therefore every bean & mile counts, i roll into the forecourt on vapour!!

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220
It's stupidly expensive now. Which is why I no longer buy BP ultimate.

I use around £10 of petrol a day to work and back - only 30 miles a day! Works out at about one of the blocks on the gauge a day :(.

18mpg?! You do a lot of town / stop start driving? That'd cripple me as I do about 50miles, luckily I get between 35 and 40mpg though!

I put £30 of fuel in a week. Fills up between half and 3/4 tank. I refuse to use more than that just tootling around my local area.
I try to use less though because im pretty much pissing away my money.

Megane 225 F1
I personally only think you notice the rise in price if you fill up £10 -£20 and then realise that you don't get as much out of it as you used to. When I fill up all the way, to me it lasts a lot longer.

172DD Cup
ouch. i do 35miles a day, costs just under £6. something to be said for big engines in little cars. the missus has a 1.6, should be more economical than a 2.0, but its in a zafirabus. shite mpg

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220
Who are you trying to kid! You've more money than god!

The V6 has never ever ever cost me £70 to fill! EVER! You've not run yours in 4yrs, clearly your memory fails you!

And i'm Scottish, therefore every bean & mile counts, i roll into the forecourt on vapour!!

Surely if it's a 60l tank, when fuel was less than £1.17 a few years ago it would have cost less than £70 to fill?!

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220
ouch. i do 35miles a day, costs just under £6. something to be said for big engines in little cars. the missus has a 1.6, should be more economical than a 2.0, but its in a zafirabus. shite mpg

You're right there. Wife has a vectra 1.8 vvt which I'm hard pushed to equal the mpg of the clio or vx220 in! It will do but have to be much more careful!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Surely if it's a 60l tank, when fuel was less than £1.17 a few years ago it would have cost less than £70 to fill?!

Thats what i'm saying. The Vee has never cost me 70 to fill! Except probably at the ring... It's the same size tank as the Z4 tho, so i would imagine the cost to fill give or take a litre or 2 would be circa 68-72£

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I sometimes think about getting shares in oil companies.

At least get something back from my 250mile daily commute!

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220
Ah right - am arguing for you then! I've never managed more than £54 in the Clio, that's quite a few miles after the range gauge goes blank! Fuel was a bit cheaper when I was using that last though would probably be about £58-£60 now I think

172DD Cup
I sometimes think about getting shares in oil companies.

At least get something back from my 250mile daily commute!

you won't get much, 65% of the cost of fuel goes to the government in duty and vat, the cost of the fuel is only 40-45p. retailer gets about 5p

Stripped yozza'd cup
I filled up a couple of days ago, it was still going at £65 but that's all the cash I had with me so I stopped..... Wasn't even that empty, light had just come on about 2 miles before.

S'trollin on size 7s
yea thats somethng i dont understand. im far too carefull with my fuel and have a feather light foot at most of times, but i still only get about 29mgp in return? and that is combined use aswel ,bi-pass's and town driving!

whats thats about seen as theyre suppose to get around 35 combined?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not many high rollers in this thread...

Drive to pump, fill up till it's full, pay, leave.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Mine averages out somewhere around 37-40mpg. Still manage to get through around £80 worth of petrol a week though :(

172DD Cup
i guarantee its nowhere near that. If your getting 34 id be suprised

i'll measure mine. i know it went from 34 on the computer to 40 on the same journey after the lambda change. actually i won't measure it, it'll only make me sad. i'm happy in the ignorant knowledge that i dont have to chop it in for a diesel.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
i guarantee its nowhere near that. If your getting 34 id be suprised

£80 petrol @ £1.35 per litre = 59 litres

59 litres = 13 gallons

13 gallons x 40 miles = 520 miles

Which is pretty much exactly what I do a week.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I don't do many miles in the clio anymore, and the Fabia vrs is very frugal.

.....However the hilux now costs around £100 to fill from empty! I get the VAT back but :(

172DD Cup
actually, just remembered i've got an obd thingy that gives me, amongst other things, mpg at 1 second intervals along my journey, related to speed, throttle position, etc. whether this is accurate or not i don't know, but i can accurately measure my distance at least, that's gps based :)

Clio 182
Ive never gotten more than 40 odd litres in mine c**til the pump clicks a few times) and thats after the 'miles left' has gone to zero!

Does no one else get this?

Ive never gotten more than 40 odd litres in mine c**til the pump clicks a few times) and thats after the 'miles left' has gone to zero!

Does no one else get this?

As above when its "- - -" its not zero, still about 40 miles left in it, probably more like 50 to be honest. Give it a try and let us know :D