ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£60 for backbox+center-pipe+clamp.

J

jakm15

Got my mot coming up and my back box is knackered so I’ve decided to replace it before it. I was going to just do the back box but as it is an original it is one complete section from the back box to the cat so I’m doing the lot.

Just ordered everything I need and it comes to £60 Inc vat. There was a cheaper option at around 45 but the one at 60 was better quality.

I don’t think 60 is too bad.

I’m going to do it myself at the weekend any advice from anyone who’s done it before would be helpful. It’s a w reg 1.2 8v.

Thanks

J

jakm15

ye im going to fit it myself so ill save on labour, they said i could use their ramp so that will make it easy

J

jakm15

fitted it today, cut the u clamp off at the cat then cut the back box pipe off the centre pipe as its the original and one complete peace then it slid out. Had to jack the body up as it’s been lowered and I couldn’t get the new pipe over the axel, bolted the cat to the centre pipe then to the back box. Then realised I needed a new bracket for the back box, bolted the new one on now it’s nice and shiny: D
£68 in total :D

J

jakm15

also noticed since the new exhaust it used to idle strange but its now fine :D:D:D:D:D