ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£5200 for repair

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Ouch! Unlucky m8!

I did the same to my Black-Gold 182 on 31st December.. my bill was £3,700! Well the insurance companys bill was I mean! :devilish:

My engine etc was ok just needed a new Air-con rad, bonnet, wings and everything forward of that basically!

cliosport 200

Posted a previous thread about some golf driving chav slamming his breaks on in front of me after undertaking on A1M. My cruise cont didnt disengage and in a panic pulled handbrake, spun at 70mph and hit barrier, OUCHIE!!:mad:

I know you might have covered it in a previos thread but did the reno dlr acknowledge the traction control sticking , and have they offered compo

cliosport 200

Once the the repairs have been comp, they are going to do some tests on the car. I bet they dont find a fault though. Cop out no doubt

clio 182 black /gold

That is steep. I was in a 3 car shunt i was middle car. Front of car, bumper, grill, radiator, 1 light, number plate. Rear of car, tailgate, bumper 2 lights, floor pan, exhaust and black paint. It cost 3K on a 5 year old car.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 22 April 2005

No mate, wrote mine off about a fortnight ago!
Oooh sh*t! Didnt know that! I must have missed the thread about it, sorry to hear that, you had the stripped out one with white wheels and mudflaps didnt you?

Hate seeing pics of crashed Clios, hope it looks good as new after repairs..

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 22 April 2005

Yeah MB. That was mine. Looked like this at the ring before the crash:

http://www.roamer.com/imaging/albums/2005-03-27%20Cliosport%20at%20Nurburgring/Car%2006/slides/IMG_311_1182_01.htmlhttp://www.roamer.com/imaging/albums/2005-03-27%20Cliosport%20at%20Nurburgring/Car%2006/slides/IMG_311_1182_01.html

Sadly - its now a class B wrte off in a scrapyard somewhere in the UK. nevermind.
Oh nooo! Looked fantastic with all the stickers for the ring as well :(

What car have you got now? Another Clio?

(Sorry to hijack the thread)

Punto/Clio GTT

5k!!?!??!? they added 40 pound an hour labour charge or somethin ?!?! lol

hardly a bad smash is it, you could get it done for half or less without goin through renault

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Does it affect insurance how much a claim costs? I take it teh golf that caused it never stopped, and were there any witnesses? Thats really harsh mate, hope it gets sorted soon

both of you (cupcake- hodstar- very sorry for yas

cupcake- reason i asked was i keep hearing things on other "posts" about the car being smashed just wanted to make sure:eek: i luved that car look so nice thats whats made me spend loads on mine!!:oops: sorry to hear it but as always mate the second car is always better/even if irs another cup. hope it a clio!!!

I did nearly exactly the same on my 172 about 2 months ago, cost £2500 to repair. New bumper, bonnet, spraying etc......., and £300 of that was for a new Cat Converter that got cracked.

No way £5200 for that.