ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 to spend..track car bits

Ph1 track slag
It's my 30th coming up and the Mrs is donating £500 into the clio.

My phase one currently has just a decat, some half decent coilovers and some fed RSR's. Just thinking where to upgrade next for the £500.

Ph1 track slag
Sorry just re-read. You have tyres.

PMS shifter and brake pads
I've seen the pms shifters I like the idea but sticking to the "if it ain't broke..." I have no real problem at the moment with the standard setup albeit third been a slightly awkward long reach but maybe not £300 worth of awkwardness.

So for pads is it between CL Rc's and ds2500/3500?

I've seen the pms shifters I like the idea but sticking to the "if it ain't broke..." I have no real problem at the moment with the standard setup albeit third been a slightly awkward long reach but maybe not £300 worth of awkwardness.

So for pads is it between CL Rc's and ds2500/3500?

Drive a car with the PMS kit and you'll want one! RC6 are epic on track, big step up over ds2500s IMO

182cup & 172 racecar
If you are happy with the gear change as it is, but just find it difficult to reach 3rd and 5th.

Just cut the short piece of steel at the bottom of the box, I had the same problem, but now the gearstick is further back.
Costs nothing.

Ph1 track slag
If you are happy with the gear change as it is, but just find it difficult to reach 3rd and 5th.

Just cut the short piece of steel at the bottom of the box, I had the same problem, but now the gearstick is further back.
Costs nothing.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that!

Renault Clio 172
Is there any adjustment of the linkage after doing this tony? Is it obvious what needs cutting when your looking at the box?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Seconded on replacing bushes etc., even with standard. Mine was a noticeable difference on my 182 (poly) and my 172 has had them all done recently and feels very tight.

Other improvement I found was braided hoses and new fluid.

Ph1 track slag
how are the suspension bushes etc?
pure topmount and strutbrace?
Bushes sound a good idea..Engine mounts need doing, dogbone specially. As for top mounts I have some k tec ones that I've not fitted yet as I've heard mixed reviews about the gold k tec ones.

182cup & 172 racecar
Is there any adjustment of the linkage after doing this tony? Is it obvious what needs cutting when your looking at the box?

Yes, its the bit bit that come out of the box, you have the long bent tube that goes to the gearlever, well gearbox end, there is a solid bit that goes into this tube (about 6" long), just cut this a little at a time, say 1/2 inch or so, until the desired position has been reached.
I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere.