ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£4700 - CLIO 1.8 16v

Mk1 Clio
i've got some spare cash from the sale of my focus.

body work and everything else is mint on my clio.

so £4700 on performance.

whats the best plan of action ? :eek:

cheers

Audi TT 225 Quattro
have a word with nick hill( hillpower ) just got mine back and im very impressed. could do the above conversion for u but u will need more ££££ if u wanted tb with that. will b best to 2.0l it and work on that.<f7r

1996 Valver
Spend some £ on suspention/brakes chassie and cooling, get that propper mint then see what your left with, If enough if left id go wiv 'Jay s' and have the williams lump put in with cam's+ chip, that would make it mint

TT 225
Sell the valver and buy something faster in the first place? Just wasting money otherwise IMO

BMW E46 330i Touring
If I had a mint valver (so would fetch, say, £2k... haven't a clue on valver resale value) I think I'd sell it and put that with the £4700 and get myself something pretty damn nice for about £7k.

Alternatively, buy a Williams and then do a bit of engine work to that...

Mk1 Clio
only being 20 means anything faster isn't so insurance friendly.

already costing me £1100 TPFT

i'll get in though with a few renault tuners and see what they say.

don't think i'll sink all the money into it, just a little bit. lol

SC 172 FF
if your just puttin abit in2 it then 4get TB's and drop an F7R with cams uprated ECU and a remap , that will sort u out!

yup as the majority say, 2.0 bottom end and head, then get cams and remap (not a shitty off the shelf chip though!!!). bottom end and fitting should cost you about £700-800 for the engine and labour, with a head gasket and bolt set change, then as for cams, well, that depends on how much you want to spend... don't get Kents though, I recommend BenR AWT cams personally... you certainly wont have a problem with 90% of the MK2's and no standard clio will touch you

Kelly said:
Sell the valver and buy something faster in the first place? Just wasting money otherwise IMO
Agreed.
Also if insurance is an issue on a higher group car, surely your insurance will go up loads once you tell them what you have planned for your valver !

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
200/ton is easy achieved from a 2.0! decent coilovers, wilwoods, some nice wheels, and you'll be laughing!

great fun!

or you could spend the money on a 172 and be bored in a week ;) or you could buy something else for the money but it wouldnt be as good fun as a 200/ton valver IMO!

wouldn't bother with head work and TB's on the 1.8... no point, may as well do all that to the 2.0 as it's a much better base for the conversion

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ 2ltr is a much better base engine to start work on!

trust me iv tuned a 1.8 and it wasnt worth it (altho it was fast, it wasnt a patch on the 2ltr's iv had since that have less modifications than the 1.8 did)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
fully restored f7r by nick hill is around £3k inc the eng, think 'tom 20v' has 1in his.
as for ins, i can,t tell the diff between 1.8 and 2.0l just by looking can u;)
DSC01586.jpg

single step modification, 2ltr with a mild camshaft change and some port work = more than you will need for a good while.

Punto/Clio GTT
sorry for slight thread hijack. if i bought a 1.8 16v, how much would a williams engine, ecu and whatever else i need for the hybrid conversion cost? no labour added, just actual parts? cheers

depending if your good with your searching/haggling and are lucky to find a seller who doesnt know what they have.

ANywhere from £450 - £1000 for complete engine/loom/ecu.

markrevill said:
how much is it for a fully restored 2ltr block or even just a good one ?

£500 or so for a fully reconditioned bottom end, Megane or Willy... although most people tend to pay at least double that... then about £150 to £200 for fitting... then simply tune the byatch