ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£30 for air-con leak test

renaultsport 182
i was quoted £30 today for an air-con leak test.. does this sound reasonable?? this is just to tell me where the leak is... then i will fix the problem myself once i know where its leaking from

Clio
Don't they just spray something on it and it glows a colour under a UV light or something if its leaking?

Kwik fit will refill for 45 quid. They do a leak test in the process and if you have a leak there is no charge. But they didn't tell me where the leak was. They said the equipment could tell them that but they hadn't been trained to use it lol.

They put UV fluorescent die into the system and then search for a bit that glows under UV light - leak found.

renaultsport 182
I'm pretty sure the test is free at most places - don't kwik fit advertise a free test?

i was at kwik-fit and their machine can tell you if you have a leak by performing a vacum test... this does not tell you where the leak is though... thats why i need that dye putting in... you can get the kit on e-bay but it costs around £30 anyway