ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£230 for a 182 cup

Snotter's

im very tempted to buy a 182 int free over 5 years,do u guys think its good price at £230 a month

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Thats mad! My 172 cost me £260 a month&it was 6 months old!! id say go for it

IMHO no, if youcant afford to buy it with cash, dont buy it

look at it this way, you buy the car for £13800, you removed it from the forecourt, its involved in an accident, you get £11000 (give or take a few £) for the write-off, youre then left to pay circa £3k for a car that doesnt exist

finance is not worth it, its all debt, can you guarantee your future for 5 years?

Snotter's

if i had £13k lying bout i wouldnt go buy a car with.I get a car with no dep no final pymnt for a small monthly pymnt.if i keep my license il def buy it

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Hey fela.. IMHO..... if youre ok with the depreciation aspect of buying a new car, and can comfotably afford "it" AND the fully comp insurance go for it! Just bare in mind youll prob wanna change it after 3 years or so, and if you havent already, you may want to be looking at getting on the property ladder before its all paid for. Your choice... its a big commitment to have tho!

Having said all that, id prob do it... enjoy..!

No. 5 yrs is a long time.

All these finace deals look good till you get 3 yr olde car with 2 yrs to go and want a chnage and you have to pay to get rid of your finacne car.

Get a 1 ~2 yr old 178 for £8k say and get a 3 yr finacne loan for about £250. Ok is £20 extra a month but after 3 yrs when you usally want to swop cars the 172 is worth £5k possibly, the 182 however will cost you £1k to change thats £6k difference between a 172 and a 182 after 3 yrs. After 5 yrs the 172 possibly worth £3.5k the 182 will have to be returned the the dealership. and youll have paid about £4.5k extra for it.

Agree with edde. After 2-3 years youll want to change to the latest model.

5 years is a bloody long time to finance a car.

Its not really interest free as youll be paying £13800 which is way over priced for a cup version. They bump up the list price to make it look like its interest free.

Snotter's

already on the property ladder,and u can settle early with no penalty.mite be overpriced but still works out cheaper than paying int

Remapped derv Golf

5 years is a long time to pay for a Clio.

A 182 will be worth about £5k in five years time. Unless you run it into the ground it will cost you alot of money.

Im never buying a new car again (not a french one anyway) I lost £6k on my VTR and 3.5k on my Cup 172 after only 1.3 years.

Aint worth it. Not when theres things like Audi A3s and GTI6 floating around for £4k.

Mini Cooper S sport

Im never buying a brand new car again unless I get a vast discount somehow. It is, and always will be, a huge waste of money. However, if moneys not a problem, then go for it..

The full 182 are only £182+VAT on personal contract hire for 3 years or 199 for 2 years. Then hand back and get the new model out.

[Edited by ellisg on 26 February 2005 at 5:19pm]