ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£150 for a exhaust gasket

Renaultsport Clio V6
Renault are such cheaky b******s. I wanted a bolt for mine the other day and they said that i would have to buy the ABS sensor it passes through to get the bolt. PRICKS!!!

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
rip off. i woulda charged 30 inc fitting. 20quid kit and 10quid for fitting. 2 10mm bolts and a gasket pfff saw you coming

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You have been had.

Ring some other dealers for quotes and then go back to the one you had it done at and ask for a price match,otherwise say you go to renault UK

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I heard the 172's are a b**ch to fit? but £150! mine cost me £20 and changed in 2mins.
You didn't change the manifold gasket in 2 minutes! It will have taken you longer to wheel the jack out.

Edit: Just read you have a 182, different ball game.

They probably charged 2-3 hours labour as it's a tw@t of a job which is £70-£105 if charging £35 per hour. Plus the price of the gasket kit which was about £37 I think when I last bought one.

Much cheaper but far more hassle to do it yourself.

Ph1
Does nobody get quotes before letting garage folk loose on their cars anymore or something?? :dead:

Was this a Renault dealer?? if so, ring up Renault UK as theres book times for jobs and this clearly is well over the recommended time unless they have 100 quid a hour rates + vat

Renault charge book figure. If they go over through the mechanics slowness or if they have a prob etc etc you DONT pay more (or shouldnt)

Ph1
Spring kits are the biggest con going. Got sick of mine blowing every 2 mins so just bolted the fooker up tight flange to flange and never been a problem since lol

ITB'd MK1
Spring kits are the biggest con going. Got sick of mine blowing every 2 mins so just bolted the fooker up tight flange to flange and never been a problem since lol

BAD idea. It's a flexible joint for a reason.

Never heard of dropping the subframe to get to the gasket before, it's not very pleasant, but it's definitely not as tight for space as that

Ph1
need to watch doing that ^ can end up cracking exhaust manifolds especially if your engine mounts are worn

So far so good and iv been running this way for 2 years approx without problems. Theres very little exhaust movement and if there was the other 2 mounts soak it up plus would probably wear before damaging manifolds as its front to back movement etc.