ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£15.50 free Galaxy S2 ? is this a good deal?

lol.. thats cool with me.. but just wondered as a general non techno wizard like myself.. is it still worth buying?

I got an S2 a couple of months back when the S3 had just been released. Could have got the S3, but its huge IMO, looks daft when being used as a 'phone' too. Not had a problem with it, prefer it over the iPhone4 I have for work now to be honest, coming from having iPhones for the past 4 years.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
24 month contract on a phone that's a year out of date. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I got an S2 a couple of months back when the S3 had just been released. Could have got the S3, but its huge IMO, looks daft when being used as a 'phone' too. Not had a problem with it, prefer it over the iPhone4 I have for work now to be honest, coming from having iPhones for the past 4 years.

Cheers, that's what I was thinking.. I wanted a decent phone but I'm not a phonoholic and needing the latest tech, hearing its still up there and holding its own sounds good.

Fiesta ST-2
It's not a bad deal tbh £372 over 2 years, phones worth £200 recycled or maybe £250 on ebay? Works out your paying £5 a month if you take into consideration the phone value. Then again it's already been out 18 months ish.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My dad did it, tesco are offering the deal instore.

It's a bargain imo, it's a good phone, and it's a cheap contract. Nothing comes close for the money.

It's not a bad deal tbh £372 over 2 years, phones worth £200 recycled or maybe £250 on ebay? Works out your paying £5 a month if you take into consideration the phone value. Then again it's already been out 18 months ish.

S2? Not a chance.

Plus it's old and no longer going to get any updates. You can probably get an S3 for not a lot more.

Thanks, had a look on ebay... practically new phone in white boxed with screen protector still on (white looks different.. always had black) £230 delivered.

I really like the S2.. better than the S3 (looks too big) after looking in the Orange shop.

S2? Not a chance.

Plus it's old and no longer going to get any updates. You can probably get an S3 for not a lot more.

I hear you... but I'm not really a big phone geek... just wanted a decent all round phone that runs smooth with a decent camera and good for web browsing... looks cool and nice to use.

I'm sure I'll enjoy using it.. after visiting the shop.. there was hardly any difference apart from the voice activation thing and the bigger screen.. S3 looks nice but was a bit big and rounded for me, but I'll try this out for a while.

Listerine & Poledo
Hang on.

Are you selling the S2 now? This prices now aren't relevant for 2 years down the line.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! You think? It's been out 4 months and it's not made it to the S3 yet.

Brand86 (Tom) has an S2 and he's still not even got ICS.

My dads is running ICS from the box, I'm sure Samsung said the 2 would get jelly bean before the end of the year around the time my dad ordered his.

Mito Sportiva 135
LOL! You think? It's been out 4 months and it's not made it to the S3 yet.

Brand86 (Tom) has an S2 and he's still not even got ICS.

This is true - think I can get it via Kies, if Kies wasn't so god damn awful. In fact Kies is the one thing that would ever make me switch to an iPhone or back to HTC.

182 Cup
Also have ICS here on my S2.

Funny thing is I had to google what version I had :D

So what benefits does JB have over ICS?
Sorry for off topic OP! You won't be dissapointed with the S2, been great for me for a year, still have another year left though. Heh.

Also have ICS here on my S2.

Funny thing is I had to google what version I had :D

So what benefits does JB have over ICS?
Sorry for off topic OP! You won't be dissapointed with the S2, been great for me for a year, still have another year left though. Heh.

No worries... I'm interested in this... forget the OP.. carry on.. good info. :D

Just received mine this morning.. kudos to the guy who sold it to me.. everything's sealed and wrapped as new not a mark on it.. my heads still spinning from last night to have the energy to try it out yet but it does looks great.