ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£120 to change a wheel bearing

Mr2 Roadster

Its a £12 for both bearings and then a 2 hour job at £45 + vat... (how I would work it out!)

Its a hour at most... Pants down by the sound of it?

Dont know how difficult it is to do on a Clio, but couldnt you do it yourself or with some help? I think John aka Night.Icon said it wasnt too difficult a job to do.

Mr2 Roadster

I may just strip it and take it to a local garage and get them to press it.

Ill give John a shout. Thanks.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

When mine went got both done. Think it was about 26 quid each for bearings and about 1.5 hours for both sides, with the knackered bearing taking longest to remove. 2 hours seems excessive. I would stand and watch them to see how many cups of tea they have during the job !!!!

Were playing cars at mine on saturday if you need help with it. I think John mentioned that is doesnt need to be pressed, but I could be wrong.

well not difficult but u may have a job to get it off or on if its pressed on had them done on the williams and it was £50 a side so what u are paying about right

but if that is one side they are f**king u and u wont get a kiss afterwards

Yep the clio bearings are pressed can be removed/replaced with the aid of a mallet!! ;)

Torsion Tuning do mine and charge £40 labour per bearing. :)

If you can get it to em call Jon on 07949200705

If you take the hubs off yourself (not that difficult, actually fairly straightforward, and then take your new bearings and the hubs to a garage with a press, then it will only take them 10 mins to press old ones out and put new ones in, then put hubs back on yourself. My local garage only charged me a tenner for this, which with bearing being fairly cheap, you can get whole thing done for £50. They can be put in and out with a mallet and some correctly sized sockets or thick walled tubing, but I hate hammering anything like that, press makes it so easy! So reckon above is defo the best way to get it done cheap