ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1000 to spend

OK, i have £1000 to spend on styling!

I am happy with the 2ltr Willy engine for now.

What should i do first, or shall i save more for a bodykit and respray?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Best improvements I have had done to my car are the BMC CDA air filter to sort out the crappy K&N sucking in hot air that was fitted to the car when I got it. Tarox G88 disks and pads all round to replace standard worn items (you need to stop). Chip that added a few BHP and got the best out of Magnex exhaust (already fitted on car) and BMC and made the car a hell of a lot more drivable throughout rev range.

Last mod and also good was getting FK Automotive non adjustable (Highsport) coilovers which lowered the car and made it handle better, especially as old shocks were 8 years old.

Spend money on getting the car how u want it and how it was handling wise when it came out the factory i.e. replace anything worn.

Its no good spending all your money on one thing as power is nothing without the handling or brakes to fully use it.

Styling for a grand is not really an option unless the bulk goes on wheels. No higher than 16" otherwise handling and ride quality will suffer.

Sort out the ICE if you spend quality time in the car and havent already. Only if you like your tunes of course.

dont ruin that car with a body kit please!

twin healights look dead tacky, just keep it plain and simple or in most cases it end up looking a nightmare!

Skoda Fabia vRS

id get Coilovers and a BMC / Viper.......also an exhaust system, recommend K-Tecs

upgrade the brakes with the change if theres enough........K-Tec stuff....

clio 20v

repeat a thousand times- i must not put a bodykit on a valver

then go buy a set of 16s and coilovers, much more fun than a bodykit

adi

The best VFM mod Ive done is a de-cat. I dont know how much bhp etc it adds and Im not that concerned with that really, because on the F7P/R engines this mod will allow you to spit flames/plooms of black soot when youre ragging it. £45 well spent.

My personal opinion is that 16v/Willys dont need any body mods at all. Group A-derived wide arches and bonnet bulge are enough for me! Maybe a touch of colour coding?

Thats more like it!! Cheers guys!

p.s. i must not put a bodykit on a valver!!!

But already got De-cat, hillpower chip, induction kit, magnex exaust

So whats next? coilovers and brakes?

clio sport mk1 golf

no no no no. what are you thinking.!!!! why not get 100,000 chocolate mice instead. ha ha

if it were my car i would get some re-grinds off Bondy, while the head is off i would get the casting marks removed and polished and the stage 2 hill power chip and you will have 170BHP, but then its not my car (anymore :()

please no bodykits!! coilovers yes but the suspension is all new OE and it would be a crying shame to bin the lot.

wheels? what and attract attention to your self and spoil the handeling? if you want attention then floor it the noise will be enough!

Happy Motoring

clio sport mk1 golf

clio john, can i be part of your gang. not a 1.2 16v im a 8v!! we are the sensible ones whom have to pay less for our road tax and insurance!!!

he he