ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest 197/200 owners??

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
my first car was a ford focus 1.6
2nd car was a mk3 polo gt
3rd was a ratted mk3 polo 1.0L and now ive got my 200

Clio 200 Black and White
Sorry to hear that mate, but glad it's nothing too serious.

Can't be too careful in these conditions, even with ESP, ABS etc etc.

I've done a few advanced driving and snow / ice handling courses in the last few years. REALLY helped me when the back end of the Trophy stepped out on me last winter.

Still, good excuse to get the handles and badges blacked out. Saw a black 200 in the renault showroom yesterday, they do look rather awesome.

photos of the damage?

By the way, 19 with a brand spanking Clio 200? How much do you pay in insurance??

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Sorry to hear that mate, but glad it's nothing too serious.

Can't be too careful in these conditions, even with ESP, ABS etc etc.

I've done a few advanced driving and snow / ice handling courses in the last few years. REALLY helped me when the back end of the Trophy stepped out on me last winter.

Still, good excuse to get the handles and badges blacked out. Saw a black 200 in the renault showroom yesterday, they do look rather awesome.

photos of the damage?

By the way, 19 with a brand spanking Clio 200? How much do you pay in insurance??

i pay £1995 fully comp with mods up to 210bhp if i want them, and yeh i would like to do a winter driving course actually, and yeh thats what i was thinking, good excuse to do the handle black lol i will put pic up now

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
image.jpg

Not a 320d
Its not like they're fast

play the game ffs. theyre not exactly slow either and i know i'd much rather of been in a 1.2 at 17, which infact i was.

I think id would have killed myself in a 2ltr at that age. They arent fast no but they pick up pace if you work them. At 17,18 they are more than enough.

I have friends who are 18 years old, one of them is driving a BMW 650i (07) the other drives a 58 118d thats been molesterd by AC schnitzer. Put that in your pipes and smoke it. And no, they didnt pay a penny towards either of their cars.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I think id would have killed myself in a 2ltr at that age. They arent fast no but they pick up pace if you work them. At 17,18 they are more than enough.

I have friends who are 18 years old, one of them is driving a BMW 650i (07) the other drives a 58 118d thats been molesterd by AC schnitzer. Put that in your pipes and smoke it. And no, they didnt pay a penny towards either of their cars.

i was gona get a 645i but insurance wouldnt cover me until im 21 :evil:

theres the big difference, i paid for my car with my own money

So, without wishing to sound judgemental, is this going to make you slow down a bit? You misjudged it, fair enough. Been there myself and came out a lot worse. From your posts, we know you like to drive briskly when you feel conditions allow. The next time you misjudge something, the consequences may be a lot more serious.

In other words, in your own mind, are you thinking "whatever, I'm an awesome driver, stupid tightening corner...pffft" or are you thinking "s**t, I better slow down a bit, I fucked that right up"?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So, without wishing to sound judgemental, is this going to make you slow down a bit? You misjudged it, fair enough. Been there myself and came out a lot worse. From your posts, we know you like to drive briskly when you feel conditions allow. The next time you misjudge something, the consequences may be a lot more serious.

In other words, in your own mind, are you thinking "whatever, I'm an awesome driver, stupid tightening corner...pffft" or are you thinking "s**t, I better slow down a bit, I f**ked that right up"?

the second one, yeh it has changed the way i drive, it makes me think 'is 5 mins of fun worth me killing my 15 grand car that i worked hard for' the answer is no, of course im gona give it some now and again but not in stupid condition and im goan be alot more careful now

the second one, yeh it has changed the way i drive, it makes me think 'is 5 mins of fun worth me killing my 15 grand car that i worked hard for' the answer is no, of course im gona give it some now and again but not in stupid condition and im goan be alot more careful now

Cool. It's a shame you didn't listen more to what people on here were telling you. Could have saved yourself a few sponds. Still, at least your first bump was a minor one. I'm in no position to judge I suppose. My first was a barrel roll into a field. It taught me a pretty f**king sharp lesson though.

Barge
Too many people think they're invincible, they're not. I certainly wouldn't want to f**k up a car I'd worked so hard for. Especially not a brand new one. Too much is unpredictable in these 'twisties' everyone loves. Glad you're ok though dude, and hopefully your car will be sorted easily enough. :) Just unfortunate you have to spend my money to make it right again.

Fortunately for me I never hurt my 197, but I could've easily done so if I didn't change my ways pretty sharpish.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Hope the 200 gets sorted soon!

A mate of mine is 18 (19 this month) and has had his Meg 225 since last September.

I was very tempted by a 197 when looking for a new car but decided if I'm going to use the car on track I'd rather be paying for 15/16" tyres as opposed to 17s or the 18s my mate will have to shell out for. Plus I've always lusted after RB 182s.

Out of interest, I was reading a popular motoring magazine and it listed the 197 as insurance group 15 compared to the 1*2s group 16. Is this because of the extra safety features or just a typo?

LY 200
Its a strange one as you may think the 182 will be dearer than the 197 being a 16 (high risk) as opposed to a 15 but it isnt!

My insurance was under £500 on the 182 but on the 197 it has gone up to just over £600 for the year! How joyful!

on the way to work i sore what looked like at least a 18-20 year old driving a brand new top spec Q7, mummy and daddy ATTACK!!!!!!

Barge
My 182 is less too than the 197, but the 197 would be more for them to replace if they had to pay out. I'd imagine that's how it works anyway or at least something which contributes to it.

LY 200
^See i dont think that is the reason Becca although it crossed my mind before changing over!

All Direct Line asked me was whether the car was valued at 'less than 40k' so they should both come in the smae bracket you would've thought!?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You live and learn. I've had plenty of moments over the years. And a taxi drive into the front of me. Not my fault and it was the best thing ever!

Having a fast car at a young age gives you a heightened appreciation of power imo.

Barge
Hmmm I'm with DL too, they just asked me how much mine was worth and I said. Weird isn't it. God knows how it works.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^That is weird!

I can't get insured on the old boys R32. Worth 13k. But they'll happily insure me on the 4x4 woth 3 times as much! Very bizarre. Sure there's an element of risk involved, but the end result will be more costly...

LY 200
I thought they were going to as if you get a quote via the site they ask for the approximate value but the bird on the other phone only asked me whether it was worth less than 40k for some reason! Doing things as the please by the looks of it!

Anyway going slightly off topic! Back to young drivers in slow motors!

JB

RB 182 Cup
It's because the 197 is slower than the 182.
Hah of course.

Out of interest would speccing your 200 with curtain airbags bring the premium down or are insurers less concerned with your personal safety as opposed to having to shell out to pay for someone elses motor you've just crashed in to?

Um i think it is stupid saying the CS are not fast, its only 2.7 secs slower to 0-60 then an R8 and the speed you can do around bends is fab. the focus RS is considered fast and it would still give it a run for its money even with 104 (the actualy bhp difference).
They are quick cars as are GTIs Corsa VXRs all CS and meggs.

To say other wise is stupid.

^That is weird!

I can't get insured on the old boys R32. Worth 13k. But they'll happily insure me on the 4x4 woth 3 times as much! Very bizarre. Sure there's an element of risk involved, but the end result will be more costly...

It's not so much about the cost of replacing your car. It's the cost of replacing everything else that you destroy when you crash. The Ferrari you T-bone...the medical claims and legal costs etc.

If it was about the value of your car, your insurance premiums would drop significantly throughout the cars life. They only pay out market value anyway. Saying that, I'm quite lucky in that my policy covers purchase cost replacement in the first 12 months.

Um i think it is stupid saying the CS are not fast, its only 2.7 secs slower to 0-60 then an R8 and the speed you can do around bends is fab. the focus RS is considered fast and it would still give it a run for its money even with 104 (the actualy bhp difference).
They are quick cars as are GTIs Corsa VXRs all CS and meggs.

To say other wise is stupid.

I don't recall saying how much slower, I just said slower. The top speeds prove I'm right.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's not so much about the cost of replacing your car. It's the cost of replacing everything else that you destroy when you crash. The Ferrari you T-bone...the medical claims and legal costs etc.

If it was about the value of your car, your insurance premiums would drop significantly throughout the cars life. They only pay out market value anyway. Saying that, I'm quite lucky in that my policy covers purchase cost replacement in the first 12 months.

No, i agree and i'm aware of that. However if you get hit by a golf at 50 or a Tonker at 50, the damage to both car, life and surroundings if going to be alot worse in the big car.

(Ignore value in this instance) Good move on the cost replacement value. You remember Laura, (Audi RS4 - pal of mine who lost her leg in an accident) she was on cost replacement for 2yrs. And got the full 53k back from insurance!

Although in hindsight, i think she would of preferred not to crash!

I don't recall saying how much slower, I just said slower. The top speeds prove I'm right.

This was nothing to do with your comment dude, it was people saying and i quote,
"its not like the 200/197 is a fast car"
Then about 3 people agreeing.

19, clio 200 with slight damage :dead:

its nothing serious at all, just a few scratches on the rear arch, was in very heavy fog going down a country road, not going fast at all, wasnt really paying attention a corner suddnely went sharp, i put the brakes on (i know big mistake but i panicked like any of you would and if you say you wouldnt panic then your full of sh*t because you cant say that until its actually happened to you) back end came round and i ended up parallel with the barrier at this point i hadnt touched it then i put the power down to pull away from it and herd a 'schhh' noise and realised i scuffed the arch. goes into the body shop on the 8th of march for the re spray/blend and to get my badges, bullets and handles black.....

it wasnt enything serious but could of been 10 times worse and its not like i was 'hero driving' either

lynden,

p.s i have pics if u want them?

TBH, based on how you've been on here since you joined, you crashing was only a matter of time.

Just calm down a bit..

Merc A class
Bad news lynden! At least it isn't to serious!

and fook waiting till march to get it sorted plenty of bodyshops that will sort that out before then

320d
Its down to attitude whether you crash in a quick car at a young age.

I can drive to a decent standard. I have a mountain to learn including track and more car control.

I just drive to my abilities, which atm isnt superb, when I learn more i'll drive quicker untill then I won't. Simple realy.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
From every thread I've seen I think Roy Munson's real name is John Wilson (except John Wilson catches things) :approve: