ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest 197/200 owners??

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
I know this has been asked for 172/182 but i wondered how old people on here were when they first got their 197/200? I'm 21 and loving my Clio 200! I've owned other performance cars at a young age from an MR2/Integra Type R and 206 GTI 180 from the age of 18. What car have you got an spec:

RS Clio 200 FF Silver, Recaros, Cup Chassis on a 59 plate :D

LY 200
Theres a fella on here with a 200 at 19! Think his name is lbrench!

You chaps have too much dollar at a young age.

Clio 1970000000
Me neither, I'm 41!!!!

At 19 I was driving a chocolate brown Mini Clubman (a real one, not BMW one) with a beige vinal roof, full length sunroof, Wood & Picket dash and nudge bars.

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
Theres a fella on here with a 200 at 19! Think his name is lbrench!

You chaps have too much dollar at a young age.

Yeah i've come across his posts. You should enjoy life while young, i don't have the debt from uni and a good job with a decent pay and don't live at home. If i did i'd probably be driving a Focus RS which can in part/x at the same time as the RS200.

LY 200
Yeah i've come across his posts. You should enjoy life while young, i don't have the debt from uni and a good job with a decent pay and don't live at home. If i did i'd probably be driving a Focus RS which can in part/x at the same time as the RS200.

Chill winst! I wasnt saying it was a bad thing!

I thought about an RS or similar priced cars recently before i used my nugget and got the 197 but it was the difference between being pretty much debt free for few more years or having 4/500 quid a month to pay over the next 3 or 4 years!

It all depends how much you love your cars and how big a part of your life you want them to be i suppose!

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
Most kids these days who buy these cars at such a young age cant drive at all. Shame really as it pushes our premiums up!!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
play the game ffs. theyre not exactly slow either and i know i'd much rather of been in a 1.2 at 17, which infact i was.

I'm the other way of thinking. Better to be in quick stuff when you're young and learn to handle it.

At the end of the day you can just as easily fall off the road doing 80 in a 1.2 than doing 80 in a 2.0.

clio 197
197 at 19... but then dont really drive it how i should all shagged roads to work. and i dont wana ruin it. maybe one of the only 19yr olds like that. had a works mini before so know that i really dont wana ruin this like i destoryed that :(

plus id feel bad if i wrecked this as the last owner was mental towards it

clio 197
I'm the other way of thinking. Better to be in quick stuff when you're young and learn to handle it.

At the end of the day you can just as easily fall off the road doing 80 in a 1.2 than doing 80 in a 2.0.
i go with this theory, if you drive a s**t car, you get pulled and get idiots over taking and forcing you into a ditch. there are benifits to gettin something nice at a young age, as long as you appreciate it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
End of the day a car will only go as fast as you tell it to. Sometimes a bit of power comes in handy.

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
i go with this theory, if you drive a s**t car, you get pulled and get idiots over taking and forcing you into a ditch. there are benifits to gettin something nice at a young age, as long as you appreciate it.

I agree but not all 17/19 yr olds act like that, very few in fact. Its ones who appreciate what they have and dont let it get to there heads!

Mini Cooper S

WTF are you on about? Did you have a Mini Cooper S JCW?

clio 197
WTF are you on about? Did you have a Mini Cooper S JCW?
yer...
and i let it go to my head, worked and saved up for one, and thought to myself like a twit i have a prtty awsome car, wasnt awsome for too long. i ruined the thing. drove it top speed everywhere. only lasted a year...

the bills were a fortune on it. so i got a 197 and i have never treated anything so well. i really learnt my lesson in the coop.

im just saying there are benifits to having a good car first, but really i should have got something not so good, i lost a tone of money and only learnt not to drive like an idiot when it hit my pocket.

the 197 is perfect, no marks etc, and i plan on keeping it that way.

kinda contradict myself. but meh!

LY 200
^The missus has a JCW'd Cooper S though dont she so at least you have use of both the RS and Bini these days!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
I dont see why everyone gets really arsey when anybody mentions younger people in RS cars? if people have saved and worked for them whats the problem?

Im no spring chicken myself, im 22 and just got my 197 with the GF, she's 19 and a very reasonable driver, and much more capable/responsible behind the wheel than a lot of 30year olds I know! :rasp:

we both learnt and drove 1.1/1.2 when we first passed though, TBH I dont think your FIRST car should be much over that, theres quite a few 'basics' to learn that they dont teach you on the test first lol! :)

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
I dont see why everyone gets really arsey when anybody mentions younger people in RS cars? if people have saved and worked for them whats the problem?

Im no spring chicken myself, im 22 and just got my 197 with the GF, she's 19 and a very reasonable driver, and much more capable/responsible behind the wheel than a lot of 30year olds I know! :rasp:

we both learnt and drove 1.1/1.2 when we first passed though, TBH I dont think your FIRST car should be much over that, theres quite a few 'basics' to learn that they dont teach you on the test first lol! :)

I'm 21, drove quick cars from passing my test, and progressively got quicker from cars at work which range from pretty much any engine size including the AMG engines and SRT engines.

My misses is on my insurance to drive my car at 19 because i haven't found thats a reasonable driver and more than capable to drive it.

LY 200
Theres nothing wrong with quick cars in your late teens if your responsible with them!

Mine was a 16v/willy hybrid at 19 and as everyone knows in these parts (or should know) they are bloody lightening!

Mini Cooper S
I would start another thread but it'll just get locked again, I got confirmation that lbrench crashed his 200, rear n/s damage I believe! Nothing too serious...sounds like he got lucky.

PS 200
End of the day a car will only go as fast as you tell it to. Sometimes a bit of power comes in handy.
I must have a deaf car.

Keep telling it to do 200 mph :)

Sometimes a bit of power will wrap you round a tree (Especially some of the older TVRs)

If I saw a 19 year old in a TVR I'd keep well out of his way as it would only be a matter of time :eek:.