ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360...question about Xbox live

An orange one
Right you tech guys..

Im finally selling my much loved PS2 and getting the 360...(mainly for TDU and Forza 2) and want to get the Xbox live gold 12 months subscription.

my question is about how to get broadband access to my bedroom..

we have broadband outside in a small office, but its not wireless..just AOL gold broadband, my room will be approx 30-40 metres away from this office, so even if we got wireless would this reach?

any other possible solutions?

any help appreciated! :)

Caddy Maxi
most wireless points have a 10 metre radius so probably not. Running a cable is a bit of an arse too if you have to run a 40 metre cable to your bedroom! you'll have to get a couple of access points in the house for it to work like that me thinks

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just use high gain antenna's and if needed install a repeater station.

Dont know where you got 10 meters from ? my bog standard cheapo linksys router works fine about 20 meters away through about 3-4 walls ! Granted as you move further away the speed can decrease.