ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

TT QS
fly-eye tinting, a tow strap on a car thats never going to see a track (tow strap is usually attached by cable tie but thats optional), the list of funny stickers down the back. it seems to be a younger driver thing round my way.

worst of all. hid's in reflector headlamps!

Clio 172, Abarth 500
I think anyone who hangs around in a McDonalds/Tesco car park with there cars parked in a row or a circle, look like proper bell ends! Lets face it they probably intimidate customers, and everyone is just thinking the same thing.... "your car looks crap!".

One pet hate is when kids mod there cars before fixing problems, eg. faded black plastic or dents on a corsa, they ignore them and put 18's on it, lower it spending ££££'s without sorting any of the core problems.

But my biggest pet hate is half fitted body kits, ie fitted kit but not painted..... why?! If your going to ruin your car with a body kit at least do a job of it and not a half job.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
A guy I know has an absolutely mint mk4 R32.

Well it was mint until he stuck air ride and a set of Rotiform wheels on it. Why do that to such a fantastic car?!

Because t**t lol

I hate all that stupid lowz and mad camber s**t, ruins a perfectly good car

I wont get scene points being on oem suspension lol

Clio 172, Abarth 500
Also not so much of a mod, but how someone treats there car. Smoking in cars! this really annoys me. Ruins everything. the car will forever stink of smoke!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
uw2QVbf.jpg

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Probably been mentioned before but tinted headlights and tailights, why the hell would yo want less light to pass throught the lens than should?

Massive gravel spec mudflaps on a road car, usually an impreza, usually with massive 'STi' or whatever when it usually isn't even an sti and usually a bright colour too. You can get normal mudflaps if you feel the need to have some and in black.

Always thought tyres or rims protruding wheel arches was illegal? plus it look sh**e!
Illegal of the tread of the tyre to protrude the arch. Hence stretching tyres.

Wheel pokes out. Tyre stays in.

Originally from the drift car scene. But that was for function not form!

172 sport
Noisey exhausts on 1.2 corsas or anything that isn't quick.
Shopping lists on the side of cars, and the bloody thing doesn't have any of them on it.
Names on the tail gate with chrome badges from halfords

172 sport
People who slag off their previous car model/make off so so badly as soon as they sell it, even though it was the best thing since sliced bread when they owned it lol
Haha yes I have a mate who does this. For instance he hates vag this week but he will be back in one by the end of the month then back in jap again. It's just a big circle with him haha

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Or people who take their completely normal car 'off the road for winter'. Or garage it, or only use it at weekends. Then buy a shitheap to drive around in.

Ahh yes like they think it's something special when really it's just s**t.

I never understood why people had multiple cars and then drive a s**t heap too, just sell them all and drive something nice? Some people really do lack the common logic.

Reactions: Sam
Ahh yes like they think it's something special when really it's just s**t.

I never understood why people had multiple cars and then drive a s**t heap too, just sell them all and drive something nice? Some people really do lack the common logic.

Someones nice is another persons s**t though, people drive around in something s**t as they don't want to ruin the car they love imo, no matter what that is. The s**t daily is something they don't have to care about so they can spend money on their passion car.

See what I mean?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
My list of pet hates could span a while.... But the worst is kids who think stupid camber and stretched tyres are good and don't affect the handling.

But each to their own really, just don't try and make me change my car!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The latest thing near me seems to be people who clearly have a knackered but continue to thrash the tits off it.
They can be heaving smoke out the exhaust and you'll still hear them reline the engine and wheelspin off out of junctions.

Obviously you don't see the same car too often, they must die pretty quick.

Sticking anthracite turinis on any and all Clios, followed by saying "Ah looks so clean". - It's just boring and exemplifies the attitude of conformity or GTFO.
Dewipering rear window - don't really see the point? Rear wiper is pretty useful if you actually use the car and don't just clean it all the time!
Sabelt (OMP etc) steering wheels - they just look w**k on a daily car IMO.
Decat - Just don't see the point unless it's for a track car. Releases bugger all ponies, usually makes the exhaust stupidly loud and drony and (to be a total square about it) emissions regulations are there for a reason.
Club stickers - there's loads of clubs and most of them are great. No one outside the club cares if you're in it, or if you went to the annual event five years in a row, so the only point in having them is for 'scene' points.

Not so much for the Clios, but..

airbags on a s**t heap - £500 car with £2k suspension for 'swag'? Asbolutely mental!?
Porsche etc parts on VW's - It's not a porsche because you put some brake calipers on it.
Moving everything inside the car to make the engine bay 'clean' - i like a nice clean tidy engine bay but the engine should still be in it for my tastes!
'rat look' - just don't like it. A lot of effort gone into most of the 'good' ones, but IMO it's all a monumental waste of time/money
Private plates - anything that cost more than the shrapnel in your pocket after a night out is a waste IMO. Who cares whats on the number plate?

The pièce de résistance for me though has got to be racing style liveries on a road car. It just looks crap. Why would anyone take a race car to do the weekly shop, or leave it parked outside work?

Sticking anthracite turinis on any and all Clios, followed by saying "Ah looks so clean". - It's just boring and exemplifies the attitude of conformity or GTFO.
Dewipering rear window - don't really see the point? Rear wiper is pretty useful if you actually use the car and don't just clean it all the time!
Decat - Just don't see the point unless it's for a track car. Releases bugger all ponies, usually makes the exhaust stupidly loud and drony and (to be a total square about it) emissions regulations are there for a reason.
Club stickers - there's loads of clubs and most of them are great. No one outside the club cares if you're in it, or if you went to the annual event five years in a row, so the only point in having them is for 'scene' points.

airbags on a s**t heap - £500 car with £2k suspension for 'swag'? Asbolutely mental!?
Porsche etc parts on VW's - It's not a porsche because you put some brake calipers on it.
Moving everything inside the car to make the engine bay 'clean' - i like a nice clean tidy engine bay but the engine should still be in it for my tastes!
'rat look' - just don't like it. A lot of effort gone into most of the 'good' ones, but IMO it's all a monumental waste of time/money
Private plates - anything that cost more than the shrapnel in your pocket after a night out is a waste IMO. Who cares whats on the number plate?

The pièce de résistance for me though has got to be racing style liveries on a road car. It just looks crap. Why would anyone take a race car to do the weekly shop, or leave it parked outside work?
Jeez, sounds like you don't like ANY mods..... You've pretty much described most people's aftermarket mod on this forum. The whole point of modifying is because you enjoy it not to seek approval. Sure if someone else appreciates it then great. Being part of a 'scene' is no bad thing. Its just meeting up with like minded people to discuss a passion they share.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Silvervisions or any attempt at de-oranging indicators. It's not a mod. You are not being individual. You are making your car, in regard to the indicators, the exact same as everyone else's out there.

I've always founhd it odd that orange behind a light lens is seen as baaaad, but red is not...strange.

Listerine & Poledo
Also not so much of a mod, but how someone treats there car. Smoking in cars! this really annoys me. Ruins everything. the car will forever stink of smoke!
Not if the roof comes off chap.

EDIT: LOL at people jumping to defend nasty mods
"uuurgggh, nothing's individual anymore"

Yes, normally it's the kids with too much testosterone and not enough mortgage to cover who make the worst "enhanced cars". But at least they make for hilarious watching, especially when they barrel-roll their pride and joy into a wall.

The best modifications are to modify your old OEM oil for new, OEM oil. Changing out the old belts for brnad new, OEM belts....and so on.

But hey, whatevs lol, got sweg wiv me lowz clio, h8rs gunna h8

Wow! You must be a hoot on a night out!

If you mean smashing 8 pints of Carling at Whether spoons with 'the lads' then yeah I probably am not the guy to invite.

Jeez, sounds like you don't like ANY mods..... You've pretty much described most people's aftermarket mod on this forum. The whole point of modifying is because you enjoy it not to seek approval. Sure if someone else appreciates it then great. Being part of a 'scene' is no bad thing. Its just meeting up with like minded people to discuss a passion they share.

Yeah I don't like any mods. I haven't done any to my car

Doesn't like Anthracite Turini's, has Anthracite Turini's.

Doesn't like Anthracite Turini's, has Anthracite Turini's.

Had*

I'm sure many people would hate plenty of my modifications. My list was just the stuff that bores me, it's totally fine (obviously) for someone else to like and enjoy everything I hate.

Another one I'm not a fan of is rear show cages. Just seems a bit silly to carry a large amount of metal that has no purpose around in the back of the car!