ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

This...
monster.jpg

Attachments

• monster.jpg
    monster.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 63
  BG 182
eye lashes on lights. also slightly weird one, but why do people have baby on board signs? I dont go out to ram into someone then see that baby on board sign and ram someone else...

2005 Clio 182
I really do feel that the sticker bomb is one of the worst things... oh and stance is just going too far.. :nono:

Bux

Golf GTD

I agree, a guy I used to work with had them all over his big Mitsubishi L200 and it looked awful. He claims that he has them because he's a fan of Valentino Rossi .

He went speechless though when I said that i'm a fan of Jenson Button but I don't have Vodafone stickers all over my car.

Clio PH2 K4M
People who drive round in the daytime with their full beams on, yes I have seen that a few times, them illest stickers, stickers which go up the side of the windscreen, excessivly stanced cars, lexus lights, big exhausts on saxos ect. But each to their own.

Listerine & Poledo
People who drive round in the daytime with their full beams on

Thats just their HID Kit shorting out where they fitted it in the dark, on their driveway, surrounded by all their swik mates as they rolled their coilovers down to r****d-heights and bummed each other over how much they ban make their car backfire on the overrun.
Cuz racecar? Cuz finberbangz?
no, cuz failed MOT and cuz chav

Painting your Renault diamonds and badges a different (usually stupid/bright) colour.
Same with doing your (usually standard, or s**t looking) wheels.

s**t stickers.

'Neverbeen' stickers. I really do not understand what the point in these is.

Teg
Leaving your tow eye in 24/7.

Haha 100% agree with this... Everyone's taste is different but I hate tow straps/bars etc on road cars.

Turn up to track, put on tow strap/bar.. Once finished on track remove tow strap and drive home.. Easy:up:

French/German/whatever flags on the front grilles.

Pops and bangs remaps.

Or as I call it, hopes & dreams remap 😂

DRL's on crappy cars that never came with them, they look utterly sh*te!!

The winner for me though is the bean can exhaust (back box only, never put a full system on) on a five door car, which must be mum spec too.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
French/German/whatever flags on the front grilles.

Pops and bangs remaps.

2 / 3 of those on mine :(
Although I can't actually take my towing eye out easily as it's an OMP one held in with 3 nyloc nuts.

f**k pops and bangs though, do it right or don't bother.

clio172cup.civic mb4
Constant 40s piss me off so much I want to pull them over and beat them purple. Dual carriageway/country road. Sometimes I like a little blip on the back roads and get stuck behind some selfish t**t that only owns a car for transportation purposes going 30-40 mph it's so infuriating. Especially when on a dual carriageway and the passing car takes the whole length of a 2 lanes part to overtake leaving every other poor c+×t now stuck.

Listerine & Poledo
Constant 40s piss me off so much I want to pull them over and beat them purple. Dual carriageway/country road. Sometimes I like a little blip on the back roads and get stuck behind some selfish t**t that only owns a car for transportation purposes going 30-40 mph it's so infuriating. Especially when on a dual carriageway and the passing car takes the whole length of a 2 lanes part to overtake leaving every other poor c+×t now stuck.
45 on the A10.
45 through the village

And they're probably one of the speed wombles too.

I will go past them. Then be bang-on 30 when we reach the village limits. The anger in their ancient, wisened faces, it feeds me.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Pops and bangs remap.
HID lights

2 things that are just stupid. Why would you want your Clio to pop and bang if it shouldn't??? Lol. Should be banned.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Dangly sh*t, usually a stuffed toy on the rear tow hoop, flower garlands on the rear view of VW's, camber so extreme it looks like your car's got Polio.

RB Clio 182
Fake carbon wrap

s**t after market alloys on a rusty mk1 1.6 focus zetec

Turbo badges on the back of 1.8 vectras

Vtec this stickers

Not drunk avoiding pot hole stickers

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Keeping cars completely stock, never driving them, uploading pics every time you wash them, and then selling for £100 over the bought price.

And then the prick uploads a before&after picture as if he's put a single flying f@ck into it.

Reactions: Sam
The ones i hate the most are lexus style lights and those stickers for the head lights to make it look like a twin lamp conversion

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Bonnet raisers - your car isnt a transformer
HIDs -
Over Stance - you look a c*nt
Plasti dip -
FK euro lights - w*nk

& more

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The coloured diamonds thing really annoys me. Especially on oem+ cars.

The most annoying thing about some mods is people just doing more because they're bored with the car essentially and need to keep it feeling fresh so they don't lose interest.

Before you know it it looks terrible.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Really dislike the entire VW scene currently!

All seems to be the bank of mummy funded and all pointless so it makes all the cars stupidly slow on any road that isn't a brand new runway!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Really dislike the entire VW scene currently!

All seems to be the bank of mummy funded and all pointless so it makes all the cars stupidly slow on any road that isn't a brand new runway!
A guy I know has an absolutely mint mk4 R32.

Well it was mint until he stuck air ride and a set of Rotiform wheels on it. Why do that to such a fantastic car?!