ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

1. Plastidipping everything because you are too poor for real mods
IMAG0174.jpg

2. Hanging something stupid on your tow bar
3923541011_a1edc8dc99.jpg

3. Sticker bombing

4. Bike racks for "style"
newheadlights.jpg

5.Audi DRLs on EVERYTHING
Audi-LED-Strip-02.jpg

6. Illest sticker or logo
illest-emblem-540x420.jpg

7. "stanced" cars that look stupid and probably handle like a bag of s**t
OG7Ij.png

Feel free to add your own

RB 182 FF cup pack
Always thought tyres or rims protruding wheel arches was illegal? plus it look sh**e!

Accord 2.4
I like the DRLs, very clear to see cars on motorway etc

Lexus lights, super low suspension so it looks like its broken, Bonnet bras, wheels to big for the car, shopping lists down the side (esp when they dont have them fitted to the car) just a few lol

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Not a modifying trend but something fitted to new cars that annoys me is when one fog light comes on when they turn a corner. Why do they need to do that are the headlamp so bad that they need to do it..:dead:

Not a modifying trend but something fitted to new cars that annoys me is when one fog light comes on when they turn a corner. Why do they need to do that are the headlamp so bad that they need to do it..:dead:
What cars have you seen that do that? My experience of cornering lights is either a fixed additional bulb in the headlight illuminating or the main bulb rotating inside the lamp to cast the beam in the desired direction.

Fiesta ST
What cars have you seen that do that? My experience of cornering lights is either a fixed additional bulb in the headlight illuminating or the main bulb rotating inside the lamp to cast the beam in the desired direction.

The new golf does it

Stupid idea imo, i just thought my mate had a foglight out when he followed me out of the works carpark

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
One car trend that winds me right up is alot of manufacturers now make the hazards flash whenever anyone brakes,
it's meant to only happen under extreme braking conditions, but i've seen loads of new cars flash their hazards
when they're braking the same as everyone else. :S

RB 182 FF
Definitely bonnet bra's, tow eyes, cheap tacky lexus lights and the 'motorsport' sun strips on widscreens!!!!!!!!!!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
"euro" styling on anything, asbo coloured wheels, cages in a road car, cheap coilovers, people who make up what horse power their car is and gain 50 hp from an air filter, generic maps, illegal HID kits and supposed track cars that never ever see any track time and are used as dailies.

All these have been done to death and / are f**king stupid.

The new vauxhalls astras piss me off when they brake the brake lights flash must be a fault and flicker. Nit a mod but it's annoying.

Body kits generally don't do it for me.

I love all mods. The entertaiment and amusement some of them give is priceless.

The mod most cars need is a better driver behind the wheel.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The soft toy hanging from the rear tow eye.

'It's individual init blud!'

Of course it is, that's why you and every single one of your group has exactly the same thing LOL

Hate people who drive with fogs on as said.

I quite like stance on the right car, when done right. Same as the rat look, looks amazing done correctly, on the right vehicle.

I know I'm probably talking to a brick wall here, but some of the things you listed, I quite like!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Permanently fitted tow eyes, is your car broken THAT often?

Anything that makes simple maintenance jobs harder like crappy air filters with 9 brackets attached to everything

172 Cup
Has too be the bodykit era for me...terrible lol, or for more recent times i hate all of the gash stickers some people tend to plaster all over their cars but each to their own i suppose.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
106 dimma. Has to be the worst looking thing I've ever seen :s

Also hate bonnet bras and stickerbombing. Don't see the point in either of them tbh.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The new vauxhalls astras piss me off when they brake the brake lights flash must be a fault and flicker. Nit a mod but it's annoying.

The newer Vauxhalls flash their brake lights under heavy braking.

My Corsa VXR did it, although only the high level brake light.

The newer Vauxhalls flash their brake lights under heavy braking.

My Corsa VXR did it, although only the high level brake light.

The astras do it even when they are braking light, take a look next time you see one.

Caterham, Z4

Dullest first post ever...

My Mrs. 2008 Ibiza does it, from the fogs. Odd.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
"euro" styling on anything, asbo coloured wheels, cages in a road car, cheap coilovers, people who make up what horse power their car is and gain 50 hp from an air filter, generic maps, illegal HID kits and supposed track cars that never ever see any track time and are used as dailies.

All these have been done to death and / are f**king stupid.

Just out of interest how can you tell that a road car with a cage/supposed track cars isn't used on track? Also how do you spot the difference between a car with cheap coilovers and one with expensive ones?

Megane 225 F1
The "fog light w**ker" trend. I'm* trying to start a "Full Beam in their face" trend. Otter c**ts.

Excuse me?!!!

You're taking the trend from (not) Bristol and using it opp north.

Foglight w*****s are w*****s. I hate them. I flash them all. In fact, I even flashed a copper the other day (didn't realise it was a copper). They have no real purpose especially when people drive around during the day with them or just casually at night. Or maybe because it's raining a little bit. FFS.

But the one that pisses me off the most is people that don't know what the rear fog is for. It is there so that when It's foggy and visibility is slim and you have no one behind you, you turn it on so that people coming up behind can see you're there. HOWEVER, when they are no behind you, turn the f**king thing off! I know you're there. I don't need a bright light in my face FFS.

These people also receive the full beam treatment.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Excuse me?!!!

You're taking the trend from (not) Bristol and using it opp north.

Foglight w**kers are w**kers. I hate them. I flash them all. In fact, I even flashed a copper the other day (didn't realise it was a copper). They have no real purpose especially when people drive around during the day with them or just casually at night. Or maybe because it's raining a little bit. FFS.

But the one that pisses me off the most is people that don't know what the rear fog is for. It is there so that when It's foggy and visibility is slim and you have no one behind you, you turn it on so that people coming up behind can see you're there. HOWEVER, when they are no behind you, turn the f**king thing off! I know you're there. I don't need a bright light in my face FFS.

These people also receive the full beam treatment.

I thought I was the only one who knew how to use them!

As above, if you can't see any cars behind you, use your rear fogs. If you can, turn the fuc*er off!