ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's iPhone 6 has bent then!?

Need I say more.

Oh, because I don't own an iPhone 6 but think it's an issue, my point is immediately invalid because I must be a fanboy from the other side!

Yawn.

And no clue who you were directing it at Feirny, but I'm certainly not!

dk

911 GTS Cab

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Xperia-Z1-frame-bending-for-no-reason-claim-users_id51383

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/261368-bent-aluminum-frame.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/my-blackberry-bent-up-not-happy-932762/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2287882

so what you're saying is its just an apple 'problem' right?

nothing to do with every large screened phone out there?

but because apple have so much hype and sell so many phones, as soon as one person reports it, its headline news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at this thread. Makes me ashamed to be an apple fan!

bringing up other phones takes nothing away from the fact that iPhones bend either lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
but its not an iPhone 6 problem is the point, any phone of this size and thinness is not built to be indestructible, apple (like other manufactures) do all the necessary tests to make sure there are resistant to damage as they can for the price point and design considerations, just because some people take it past that point (whether intentionally or unintentionally) then theres not much can be done about that, other than to agree to replace said handsets, which they are doing.

Cars are crash tested, and cars that achieve 5 NCAP stars still result in dead people when the car is put past the limit they are test to, and you can't test for absolutely everything.

With a large batch of sales like this, there are going to be faulty product too, maybe the ones that are bending just had a weakness from a single batch? There is very little report of this being a widespread issue at the moment, and no different to any other large handset thats been released in the past couple of years.

thats the point.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol at this thread. Makes me ashamed to be an apple fan!

bringing up other phones takes nothing away from the fact that iPhones bend either lol
of course it does, its not an apple problem, its a problem with the manufacturing limits of the design todays consumer wants, a phone that has a big screen, is very light and thin and have a long battery life.

Need I say more.

Oh, because I don't own an iPhone 6 but think it's an issue, my point is immediately invalid because I must be a fanboy from the other side!

Yawn.

And no clue who you were directing it at Feirny, but I'm certainly not!

It's at everyone, no one in particular. It's in multiple threads and it's not very constructive.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
of course it does, its not an apple problem, its a problem with the manufacturing limits of the design todays consumer wants, a phone that has a big screen, is very light and thin and have a long battery life.

But apples "premium" product shouldn't be bending in people's front pockets. I agree the tests with people actually bending then with hands is retarded but it's clear the issue is a weak point in the phone by the sound buttons.

We all know Apple will sort this so its not really a problem for most but it shouldn't happen in the first place.
A front pocket (even in a fairly tight pair of trousers) shouldn't be a match for a 6-700 pound product.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Again though, we haven't seen a picture of one bent from being in someone's front pocket yet.

Unless ive missed it?

and the new galaxy's are £600 when they are launched, so not really that big a price difference.

So pics or it didn't happen, are we really going there?

OP has said he checked his and it's bent, and I don't think he'd be the kind of person to purposely bend it.

Granted, it's all blown out of proportion (amount of phones bent, vs amount of phones bent by people TRYING to bend them), but I don't see any reason for OP to lie.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Difference is I've not heard of any galaxy's bending a plastic cashing out of shape.

Ill challenge anyone with a bent iPhone to bend it back good as new. Once it's been bent it's permanently damaged without some expert metalwork.

op said it's been damaged in his front pocket dk...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
@dk

Yes, agreed, the problem is not unique to Apple.

You have to admit it's a bit laughable that a company and its fans who have always touted build solidity and quality as a USP and point of distinction, now, with their latest phones, find themselves at the bottom of the pile when it comes to bend resistance?

You have to admit it's a bit laughable that a company and its fans who have always touted build solidity and quality as a USP and point of distinction, now, with their latest phones, find themselves at the bottom of the pile when it comes to bend resistance?

Give me a f**king break. Jesus christ.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking further about this those tests on the video would have had the phones at ambient temperature when subjected to the bend force.

Surely in someone's pocket the body heat would make the frame even more malleable? Ultimately 37c against say 20c?

Time will tell if it's a problem en masse or not. If Apple come out with something to combat it or with a swift redesign it would appear that it is.

If not and the issue simply goes away then it is all over blown hype.

Interesting.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
@dk

Yes, agreed, the problem is not unique to Apple.

He sorta has a point guys. The reason we buy Apple is buy quality and design. Of course support etc. The point still stands.

And with all due respect this thread is about the issue. Anyone is welcome to place input.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
He sorta has a point guys. The reason we buy Apple is buy quality and design. Of course support etc. The point still stands.

And with all due respect this thread is about the issue. Anyone is welcome to place input.

but roy said you are wrong therefore

APPLE!!!

hes almost as bad with apple as you are with independence ;)

The point still stands.

The point does not stand, because there is no bending issue. I know this because I have an iPhone 6 and a front pocket. People who are bending them are misusing them. It really is that simple. You cannot bend an iPhone 6 by taking a dog for a walk.

SQ5
FLOL, this thread is hilarious. As soon as there is a (non) problem with an Apple device all the haters are on it, mainly because their normal hate isn't actually justified at all.

MarkCup is the worst for it, thinking that 10 degrees difference makes aluminium more bendy is the highlight so far.

Most of these videos online are people exerting so much force you can see that they're fingers are bright red, and taking several attempts. The video dk shared was a good demo of what they go through, which I imagine most phones do, and they are all still liable to damage.

I still have no idea why people put their phones in the back pockets though, not exactly needing to be a genius to know you don't sit in something that small and thin.

Fiesta ST-2
No hate here, just amusement at the denial that there's even a remote chance apple have a design fault. Wouldn't suprise me if most of your phones are bent completely in half and you've convinced yourself it was supposed to be a flip phone.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's interesting that out of the only 9 people worldwide who've complained to apple about their phone bending, one of them is a member of cliosport.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great thread! I can see both sides of the argument to be honest.
A lad at work has a 6, so I'm sure I'll hear of it if it bends :)

Apple vs android hate is tiresome though. It's a phone.....

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I must admit I don't buy an iPhone without insurance for the term of me owning the phone, if it bent within the first year within reason warranty would replace it, if it bent within the 2nd year insurance would cover it, at no point would the 6 bending become a problem for me as I would always get a new if it did so.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Picnic - Problem in chair not in computer, cause of majority of issues

No hate here, just amusement at the denial that there's even a remote chance apple have a design fault.

Of course there's a remote chance Apple can have design flaws. None of their devices are perfect. The only denial happening with regards to this bending problem, is that there is a bending problem. Because there isn't. Fact.

133/225/CLS AMG
You do have to laugh at how much hate and how protective people are about what is basically just a phone!!! haha

I've had an iPhone 4, a 5 and now a 6 and I've always considered them fairly fragile devices. The 4 had a glass back and front, without a cover, one drop and the screen will break. The 5 was thinner and still glass, some people complained theirs bent slightly (Macrumors) and the finish on the grey ones was hopelessly fragile.

So out comes the 6 and as usual there's the usual hype and pant wetting. Don't get me wrong it's a cracking phone, quicker, bigger/better screen but it's made of glass/alumium and only 7mm thick..............what the hell do people think it's gonna do if you apply pressure at either end of it????

If someone wears tight enough trousers and bungs a light, thin, metallic object in their back pocket, if they can feel there's pressure on the device, don't put it in that pocket. I wouldn't have done that with the 4, 5 or even 6. I personally think it's just common sense.

I like Apple products but I'm not a member of the blind people who defend them at all costs, they're not perfect. At the same time, just because an object is expensive it doesn't mean it's tougher than something that isn't.

Rayban sunglasses are expensive and they still break if you sit on them!

dk

911 GTS Cab
One bonus of a bendy Iphone, being able to bend it back again, genius, apple are geniuses.

we are down to 8 complaints now, wonder if the other realised they could just bend it back?

Leon Cupra 300
Did you get any pictures of the miraculous bend?

I was going to, but I use my phone for photos :-/

One bonus of a bendy Iphone, being able to bend it back again, genius, apple are geniuses.

Thats what I thought. Designed like that...

It's fine now, may have a very slight twist in it but I'm past caring now. Phone works and looks great.