ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's iPhone 6 has bent then!?

Leon Cupra 300
Just reading this article from BBC news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29331349

Thought I'd check mine, and yes it's got an ever so slightly bend in it down the left side by the volume buttons.

WTF.. I've not dropped it, sat on it, or done anything with it unusual, used it any different from my old 4 and 5, yet this one has bent within a week!!

Have a check, I can't be on my own.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just reading this article from BBC news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29331349

Thought I'd check mine, and yes it's got an ever so slightly bend in it down the left side by the volume buttons.

WTF.. I've not dropped it, sat on it, or done anything with it unusual, used it any different from my old 4 and 5, yet this one has bent within a week!!

Have a check, I can't be on my own.
Well it won't do it by itself will it.

No bends here. I though it was only stupid people that would bend an iPhone.

Have you tried the new charging method called 'wave'. You can microwave it for 1m50s for a quick 10% charge.

Oh and there's already a thread about the iPhone 6, and this has already been discussed in there.....

Leon Cupra 300
Well it won't do it by itself will it.

No bends here. I though it was only stupid people that would bend an iPhone.

Have you tried the new charging method called 'wave'. You can microwave it for 1m50s for a quick 10% charge.

Oh and there's already a thread about the iPhone 6, and this has already been discussed in there.....

I always thought you got a bit of a hard time off of other members, but it seems you are a tosser after all. Nice one.

But back to the subject, it's enough of an issue for its own thread... as said previous, this has had the same use as all my old ones and is the only one with an issue - so something's changed with the phones.

This phone lives in my pocket when am out, table at home and dashboard at work. I can only assume it's bent from being in my pocket whilst walking - I do walk a good 5 mile a day though with the dog. That must make me stupid! (but at least I'm not a short and fat)

Best way to check is place it face down and have a look.

Worth complaining to Apple or just get a hefty case for it?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I always thought you got a bit of a hard time off of other members, but it seems you are a tosser after all. Nice one.

But back to the subject, it's enough of an issue for its own thread... as said previous, this has had the same use as all my old ones and is the only one with an issue - so something's changed with the phones.

This phone lives in my pocket when am out, table at home and dashboard at work. I can only assume it's bent from being in my pocket whilst walking - I do walk a good 5 mile a day though with the dog. That must make me stupid! (but at least I'm not a short and fat)

I'd complain in a month or so. Let the buzz die down, see how it is then.

Tbh I dont actually agree with anyone on here saying its a non issue. Yes the videos when people try their hardest to bend them and they bend is stupid. But a phone shouldnt disrort in your pocket. That's pretty f**king basic user testing. I used to go running and cycling with my 5, I hope I can do the same with this without issue.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it's in your pocket and you sit down, there would be more than enough force if sitting if the phone was at the correct angle, jeans tight etc.

It can clearly be bent via some force. Sitting down with it in your pocket could do that.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My 5s has a bend it in.. I dont wear tight jeans it spends all its time in a front pocket.. Its been dropped alot mind [emoji23]

I imagine if/when i get a 6 il be able yo use it as a right angle in the first week

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Non-thread. Apparently, this isn't a problem and you're a cnut for thinking it is. Also, they only bend if you use your hands to the point of them trembling you're trying so hard. So it can't have happened during normal use.

FLOL

I hope you get it sorted and that Apple admit they royally fcuked up! It'll never happen though, Apple will just redefine 'quality' as 'flexibility'.

I didn't bother posting this in the iPhone 6 thread as there's too many Apple sheep in there defending apple....

Yes, aluminium does bend. However it's a bit of a s**t/ un-practical design if you can't have your phone in your pocket without it bending etc. All of the previous iphones, and in fact no single phone that I know of bends in your pocket.

It's not the fault of the users, it's just a really bad design flaw. I would rather have a phone that doesn't bend and that I can carry around with me rather than a 7mm thin phone that I can't take anywhere unless it bends.

Leon Cupra 300
If it's in your pocket and you sit down, there would be more than enough force if sitting if the phone was at the correct angle, jeans tight etc.

It can clearly be bent via some force. Sitting down with it in your pocket could do that.

I agree fully... But it's a bit of a s**t design if it can't resist your jeans pocket when you sit down. My last 2 have no problem.

I could understand it if it was the back pocket as your ass is boney (or rotund in DK's case) but when you sit normally and its in your side pocket the phone lays flat to your thigh.

Leon Cupra 300
Will just wait and see though... I'm not overly bothered as long as it keeps working, I was just a bit concerned as this happened in the first week and I've got to get another 103 weeks out of it! I think a metal/composite case is in order.

This is why I hate Apple fans, even when there is a legit issue, you are shot down because "IT CANT POSSIBLY BE AN ISSUE, ITS AN APPLE PRODUCT FFS".

Hope you get it sorted, just a case of booking a Genius appointment?

Sadly, it seems to be bending in the weak spot every time where the volume buttons are, not too surprising with an Aluminium design :(.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Oh dear Apple.

Still a pointless upgrade in my eyes, im probably just getting to old to care about getting a new £500+ phone to do basic tasks on though.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Pretty sure I didn't get personal though, so well done for that, makes you the bigger man.

Can ee have a photo hen, as I don't think walking with it in your trousers is going to bend it, do you bend over a lot for the dog, thus is your tight skinny jeans might be putting in under stress?

my post was tongue in cheek, hence the microwave joke, take a chill pill.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I agree fully... But it's a bit of a s**t design if it can't resist your jeans pocket when you sit down. My last 2 have no problem.

I could understand it if it was the back pocket as your ass is boney (or rotund in DK's case) but when you sit normally and its in your side pocket the phone lays flat to your thigh.
Again, why the personal insult, run out of funny things to say have you?

i have more padding, that's why mine hasn't bent, you obviously aren't built to handle the iPhone. Unlucky.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh and I've only heard reports of the plus bending, and IMO the plus is too big to put in a trouser pocket anyway, even with my huge trousers with huge pockets.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
One of the blokes in the office has bent his lol.

Was in his front pocket when he sat down.

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you have it in your front pocket, I think it all depends whether you have it vertical or horizontal in there. Vertical shouldn't be an issue but horizontal might be, and it's quite a tall phone.

Leon Cupra 300
DK.. I'm having a laugh mate, calm down.

I'll just hold fire for a bit, certainly not on my own and it's always in the same place. Mines a regular 6 too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Agreed mate. My 5 is in my right hand front pocket always, on certain jeans that I have, when I jump in the car i've felt the strain put on it if it's not fully in my pocket or sitting right, luckily is a rather strong phone. I could almost guarantee i'd bend the 6 sitting down with certain jeans on in the car.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I am a little concerned about this myself as my phone is horizontal in my front pocket, but until now i thought it was only the plus.....

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Has it only been 6+'s that are bending or has anyone seen a standard 6 bend ?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
If a phone bends from normal use there is something seriously wrong. I don't care what any of the apple fanbois say.

However, if apple had marketed this as a feature, people would be gushing over it.

Leon Cupra 300
I am a little concerned about this myself as my phone is horizontal in my front pocket, but until now i thought it was only the plus.....

Yeah, I'd really watch out for it..

I'm being straight up when I say it's seen light normal use, I am careful with it and aren't a clumsy person. Yet still its bent.

Its also got a twist in it across its diagonal if that makes sense. I'll have to bend it back that way now!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I wanted a 6 but my S4 spends it's days in my pocket at work along with sets of allan key's and the odd spanner.

Don't think it would last to long. :(

Will check out the wifes when home. On another note, the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case has become faulty already.

Clio 182
I hope you get it sorted and that Apple admit they royally fcuked up! It'll never happen though, Apple will just redefine 'quality' as 'flexibility'.

I'm sure they'll release a patch for it soon!

On that note, 8.0.1 wont download because I'm not on the internet - er, I really am!

Clio 172 PH2
It's not Apples fault people wear tight jeans! It's the jeans fault. Maybe go naked and tape it to your hand! Watch where you put your fingers though, remember there's a right and wrong way to hold a mobile phone too! Clicky

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
ByX0iJgCQAEKbjp.jpg