ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's iPhone 6 has bent then!?

Mine is not bent, and I'm not concerned that it ever will be. This is because I look after my belongings and I'm not fat.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just proof that modern phones are nothing but overpriced cheap tat.

I would understand if they cost like £200 tops but they aren't.

Leon Cupra 300
I'm going to leave it for now I think.

I've discovered that a bonus of them bending easy means that they're easy to bend back.

It's perfect again now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Because it bends doesn't make it cheaply made. On the contrary it's made expensively.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Because it bends doesn't make it cheaply made. On the contrary it's made expensively.

I bet there's plenty of profit in these phones tbh.

No good reason why a £500+ phone should bend even when they get a slight bit of hard use.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Since when did the ipad get telephony upgrade? Must have missed that one...

Revels Mum & Sister

Build cost for the 6 will not be far off that based on the breakdown of the previous iphone costings or any phone for that matter. That is materials and labour to assemble. This is not taking into account logistics, R&D etc etc.

Of course they make decent profit, they are a company with a product everyone wants.

Pretty stupid comment. If you dont like it then go buy a cheaper phone...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Build cost for the 6 will not be far off that based on the breakdown of the previous iphone costings or any phone for that matter. That is materials and labour to assemble. This is not taking into account logistics, R&D etc etc.

Of course they make decent profit, they are a company with a product everyone wants.

Pretty stupid comment. If you dont like it then go buy a cheaper phone...

If you notice I didn't state a specific phone, just modern ones.

And I do have a cheaper phone but still an iphone 4s, I'm not bothered anyway, that's why I have a spare iphone 4. Doesn't mean you should ignore any design flaws though. When spending £500+ you should get a phone that is robust enough to put in your pocket.

Obviously most phones would bend if you test them but it comes down to how much pressure I guess.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've just hit mine with a hammer a few times and now the screen is broke. WTF. Piece of s**t.

Revels Mum & Sister
FLOL at thinking it costs £200 to apple to build each of their phones. Not including the testing etc etc etc.

The BOM for the iPhone 6/6 Plus is $200-247 Dollar. Plus like I mentioned add on the Labour for assembly. Which is say $45 based on previous iPhones. That makes it around £200 after conversion etc.

Apparently Apples Gross Margins for the high end Model are around 70%

Same Applys with the Galaxy, HTC. The Sim free cost is high. What do you expect with a phone that thin anyway? People want larger screened, thinner phones. You cannot compare these to huge alloy/plastic chassis phones of yesteryear.

Just be careful with them. Or buy a cheap phone

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
Wasn't unheard of for older iPhones to emerge from your pocket with mysteriously cracked screens. I did it to a Sony Xperia at work after squatting down to look at something.

Personally I'd prefer my money went towards a tougher chassis and screen on these phones instead of a bazillion MP camera and a pointless 4k screen.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Imagine it twice as thick with a uber long lasting battery, I'd buy that.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

So that confirms that it's no where near as tough as its rivals...deforming with only half the pressure applied that other phones can absorb. Regardless of how comprehensive their test facilities appear, that's a big oops.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its a significant amount of pressure, and not something that would just bend in a pair of jeans though.

i really don't think this problem is as widespread as is being reported, with the amount of phones out there, its a tiny percentage I'm guessing, if any other phone sold that amount then it might be seen as a problem too.

It like anything thats popular, has a massive launch, some people have an issue, they shout about it on the internet, the world goes crazy and says the product is flawed.

Whats funny is the the report above shows that the iPhone 6 plus withstood more pressure than the 6, yet its the 6 plus people are saying is the phone with the issue, hmmmm

sensationalist springs to mind.

androiders love to jump on anything like this, you're a prime example Mark.

Lol just accept that it isn't an issue. The metric of a good phone is not how hard you can jump up and down on it.

Anyone who has bent their iPhone has done so through misuse. Admittedly or otherwise.

I think the users who are defending Apple when there's clearly a problem are the bent ones, as obviously their phones are perfect (and every other Apple product they have in their household)!!

It's one thing to say it's not an issue, and then to say it's just people with Android making out it's an issue, just lol. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's a sad read imo.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I think the users who are defending Apple when there's clearly a problem are the bent ones, as obviously their phones are perfect (and every other Apple product they have in their household)!!

It's one thing to say it's not an issue, and then to say it's just people with Android making out it's an issue, just lol. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's a sad read imo.
android owner?