ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's iPhone 6 has bent then!?

Clio with a body kit
Im a bricklayer and its gets a bit of abuse and a lot of grit, for some reason carphone warehouse weren't very keen on me trading it in. I was hesitant to get the 6 but my last 2 iPhones have lasted the 2year contracts in full working order although not the prettiest by the end.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Noticed a dent on the back of my phone last week, the phone has never been dropped, is completely unmarked and has always been stored in a TPU case. I can only presume is been done in my pocket unless the inside is vacuumed.

Heading to apple tomorrow to see if they'll replace, the phone is 7 months old...

Will be interesting to see what they say.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431205990.431868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431205990.431868.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 130
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Noticed a dent on the back of my phone last week, the phone has never been dropped, is completely unmarked and has always been stored in a TPU case. I can only presume is been done in my pocket unless the inside is vacuumed.

Heading to apple tomorrow to see if they'll replace, the phone is 7 months old...

Will be interesting to see what they say.

Surely they'll say you dented it in your pocket?

Save a wasted trip and have a lay in...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Surely they'll say you dented it in your pocket?

Save a wasted trip and have a lay in...

No idea, honestly can't see how it's been dented as the case is pretty thick and the phone is completely unmarked.

Worth a try regardless.

I've got phone insurance so I'll just roll naked if they aren't willing to replace it and if I drop it I'll make a claim. I replace my phones every 24months anyway.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yep kick up enough fuss and they are pretty good.

Their customer service is excellent.

On top of that I'll be walking in with £320 to buy a pair of headphones and my mum is also interested in a 6+ (not to mention the iMac, 2 iPads, 4 phones, Apple TV that I've bought from them previously).

If the phone showed any kind of damage then the argument would be mute, however the phone is as new minus a ding with zero scratches etc...odd.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Well if your looking to buy the above, I'd expect a new phone and a private 1 to 1 session with any member of staff of your choice

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Their customer service is excellent.

On top of that I'll be walking in with £320 to buy a pair of headphones and my mum is also interested in a 6+ (not to mention the iMac, 2 iPads, 4 phones, Apple TV that I've bought from them previously).

If the phone showed any kind of damage then the argument would be mute, however the phone is as new minus a ding with zero scratches etc...odd.

I got Powerbeats 2 Bluetooth and they are the nipples

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I got Powerbeats 2 Bluetooth and they are the nipples

I've heard they are good.

I'm after some over ear headphones. I was planning on getting either the studio wireless, pro's (flame suit is on) or the B&W P7s. Wireless connectivity really entices me and I'll have good listen while I'm in store. They will be used out and about while I travel with work (movies, music etc).

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I've heard they are good.

I'm after some over ear headphones. I was planning on getting either the studio wireless, pro's (flame suit is on) or the B&W P7s. Wireless connectivity really entices me and I'll have good listen while I'm in store. They will be used out and about while I travel with work (movies, music etc).

I have turtle beach xp500's for gaming so use them for films as they're 7.1

The powerbeats2 lasted over 4 hours and they're tiny, decent sound although you don't want the line of sight blocked..
image.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Apple have escalated the issue with the dented phone. The genus guy admitted that if it was his call he'd replace the phone, unfortunately the manager (female) vito'd it. Difficult one as it's obviously been damaged while in my possession, however as there no visible signs of misuse you could argue that it's been damaged during normal use (i.e. unfit for purpose).

I've decided to pursue it for the sheer fun of it. Apple will apparently respond in 5-10 days, no doubt they'll respond with an initial no and I'll then reply with a "I'm really disappointed, I'm a massive Apple fan etc etc" mail and they'll cave.

Will let you know the outcome.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Apple have just called, they've authorised a replacement.

Quality service from Apple, can't recommend them enough.