ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which ITBs??

2005 Nissan Navara
I dont see £3000+vat as a realistic price for a supercharged setup, fitted and mapped, tbh

£4000 maybe, at a push. Last one I built was £8000, but that wasnt a conversion as such, rather a full build specifically set-up for a supercharger...not just a standard engine with a supercharger on it.

In terms of performance, ultimately you will get more from a supercharger...its boost related, these are always easier to gain more from....at what cost on a standard piston engine is going to depend on chargecooling, mapping etc...and really is a grey area currently ont he clio market.

Drivability, both are linear, smooth and progressive....thereofre usable for track I guess, traction providing of course. This also gives both a good relationship with transmission, though increased torque in general inevitably causes problems somewhere along the line.

In all, throttle bodies are more "proven" on the clio scene.

I personally prefer itb's, as with the work I tend to carry out, they are usually part of a high revving screamer.....which is nice!

2005 Nissan Navara
your not a fastcar magazine reader then! (didn't think you would be! LOL)

slightly daft due to the costs involved but still, got a decent intake length and kept the oe bonnet latch etc etc, didn't even chop the plastic grille
CIMG6127.jpg

image4.jpg

its cool to see everyone's different installs, the clio market is in a great place at the moment in terms of development!

Thats very impressive mate...

Solved alot of problems there!

I had a similar aluminium panel in design for the front section, but not considered moving the rad to the side...good shout!

and no, cant say ive ever baught a copy of french car :p

Lionel Richie
still not sure on the cooling abilities LOL! volume is up slightly over stock so fingers crossed its got enough airflow and i chose a big enough rad fan!

Da

Less
Thanks for the info Craig :)

I haven't checked but I'm sure RS Tuning were offering a 'drive in drive out' S/C kit for around the £3K mark, but as I say I haven't checked.

I think for me it would have to be ITB's, as you say - they are more 'proven' on the Clio scene at present.

340i
Does Neil have a different cam / rocker cover, What's the circle shape near the front centre?! Sure thats not all other 1*2's I've seen?

2005 Nissan Navara
tbh you'll gain efficiency from being fully aluminium, the rads I use are less volume than std, but cool about the same.

if airflow is an issue, you could always run a scoop from the left hand side of the rad acrosss the front of the bumper.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hai princess, you can now start harrassing me again, i miss you west country accent

lol....i thought you were back tomorrow. i now have new HT leads here, can post them to you or just wait, new seats all here too....lol, its all happened,

ring me for a chat tomorrow xxx

alien green rs133
they're unusual, but theres a few about. K4Ms have it but there's actually a core plug there like the cam blanking plugs. Renault randomness

here the k4m bung in question
18189064a11344000310o.jpg

i also smoothed the cam cover, you can see a smooth bit just to the right of the filler neck :eek:

E39 M5 & Corsa track
I dont see £3000+vat as a realistic price for a supercharged setup, fitted and mapped, tbh

i dont see why it cant be done for close to that kind of money, with the st-150 kits we do (currently into the 100+ kits on these) we are able to offer them at 3500ish. obviously this is down to the fact we mass produce the fitting kit/boost pipes etc and buy all the parts in bulk, one off kits will always be alot more, recent m535i we did was a 6k conversion for example.

if the clio market was a big or supercharging as the st-150 market is then i the price should be able to dip into the 3k+ market.

2005 Nissan Navara
i dont see why it cant be done for close to that kind of money, with the st-150 kits we do (currently into the 100+ kits on these) we are able to offer them at 3500ish. obviously this is down to the fact we mass produce the fitting kit/boost pipes etc and buy all the parts in bulk, one off kits will always be alot more, recent m535i we did was a 6k conversion for example.

if the clio market was a big or supercharging as the st-150 market is then i the price should be able to dip into the 3k+ market.

yeah, its to see the different trends between genres!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
After speaking to ktec i was told with the new ECU that CC and speed limiter could be kept
Well thats funny as the e-mail they sent me they stated that it couldn't.

David Kirk said:
I am afraid you will not be able to retail cruise control as you will be changing to a cable operated throttle pedal.

And that was with regards to their DTH kit? Would be good if it was possible though, however I cannot see it.

340i
If you where to buy the bodies, manifold on their own...

how much would a loom and ECU cost?

Say for example the omex 600 unit and loom?

the EC1 engine control and loom?

TrackCar & F30 330d
If you where to buy the bodies, manifold on their own...

how much would a loom and ECU cost?

Say for example the omex 600 unit and loom?

the EC1 engine control and loom?

The Omex's are like £2500 on K-tecs website :S

Cheaper for your Ph1 tho :)

ITB'd MK1
Omex ECU Complete With Harness And Software £1,521.63 (-5% discount?) from K-tec

pretty sure that's for the tailored kit to go on a standard plenum, including idle motor and adaptor bracketry and all the pedal and crank sensor stuff

DTA S40 is £499+vat, loom is £295+vat, and sensors are about £35+vat,

Gen 90 is £850+vat, but no loom of sensors needed for a ph2. Adaptor/jumper looom needed for a ph1

alien green rs133
i highly reccomend TDF for the EC1 and Matt. dont know anyone who has not been uber impressed and happy with the product and service from TDF

Jap Shed
So what are the advantages/disadvantages of ITB's over say a S/C?

At £3k + VAT fitted we're in S/C territory really and I just wondered why one would be preferred over the other?

Realistically what gains are expected from ITB's?

just pay 2.2k for the kit and fit it yourself, save £900 labor