ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which ITBs??

17RS2'd Cup
Thinking of fitting some ITBs... does any one know if tests have been done to see which are the best?? Jenvey, OMEX etc...

172 Cup
jenvey are the most proven and preferred choice! AT power are also quite good, ben has some on here and thinks they are great!! KTR sport also have a new DTH set, not out on the market yet though (finishing off development)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
It would be between the Jenveys and the AT power ones.

(OMEX is a aftermarket ECU)

There was a thread up before comparing them, there was little to choose between them, it may be worth a search. To find the exact differances in the Kits and the differance in price.

We have Jenveys!

2005 Nissan Navara
Depends on the install, a short rad is really needed to get the best intake length. Otherwise its more of a compromise.

172 Cup
All come's down to budget and what you use your car for? KTR kit is complete with a
fully suited ECU that allow's you to keep cruise control etc (not that yours has it lol)

RS RIP
^^ do'nt forget you need to modify your throttle too, now you have fly by wire on the Cup. You will need the pedalbox off of a Ph1 me thinks

Lionel Richie
the new KTR ones are made by jenvey, just a different design being direct to head

i don't think k-tec are planning on doing FBW on their throttle body installs for the obvious type approval and probably cost

ITB BG 182
as a reply to the title of your thread.
Which ITBs?? Big growley ones that will wake your neighbours up at all hours.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Could you run on standard management?

What in theory is needed, if you got the jenveys from kam racing and then a cable throttle pedal setup?

Da

Less
I was thinking those exact questions Mike.

In my limited knowledge, I believe the answer to standard management would be no.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
In my limited knowledge, I believe the answer to standard management would be no.

I was thinking the same about running on standard management, but people tc/sc on standard, but they will still be running fbw i think.

Also, someone said ktecs management keeps cruise, how? Surely it would need an additional motor to open the throttle.

Da

Less
I think cruise is simply a part of the ECU - if it's programmed it will work, if not it wont. That's how it was kind of explained to me from Henk when I had one of his RS Tuners.

TC/SC does keep standard management as far as I know.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
But surely the CC just opens and closes the throttle to achieve a set speed (similar to a PID controller) , so needs a fbw setup, or in this case a motor to open and close the throttle bodies

I have no idea how CC works, just presumed the above.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you have ITBS you cannot keep cruise control as its a cable throttle and cruise control runs off FBW.

Cheapest option at the moment is buy the bodies from kam racing (20% discount) and sort out your own ECU & loom.

You could get the whole thing done for around > £1900 if you source the bits right. (obviously will vary depending if you fit yourself or not, I personally would want someone else to fit them)

RS RIP
^^ yep, only a couple of days left chaps for the nice price on the trumpets from KAM !!

Was that price mentioned above (around 2000) including a custom or smaller Radiator ?

alien green rs133
AT bodies are real nice kit, people underestimate them.

if you want ITB's mega cheap

purchase some bike boddies.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Am I right in saying the AT bodies don't cut in to the Slam panel? If so then for that reason I'd probably go with them - also Ben's setup is mint with AT TBs.

DSC_8598.jpg

DSC_8601.jpg

Da

Less
So what are the advantages/disadvantages of ITB's over say a S/C?

At £3k + VAT fitted we're in S/C territory really and I just wondered why one would be preferred over the other?

Realistically what gains are expected from ITB's?

Lionel Richie
your not a fastcar magazine reader then! (didn't think you would be! LOL)

slightly daft due to the costs involved but still, got a decent intake length and kept the oe bonnet latch etc etc, didn't even chop the plastic grille
CIMG6127.jpg

image4.jpg

its cool to see everyone's different installs, the clio market is in a great place at the moment in terms of development!