ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Ibiza FR Edition
Set out to replace my front ps3s when I came back after they had fitted was told there was a nail in one of my rears (still had 75% or so tread left) so had to replace that too, very annoying!

172 cup
Sorted the xenon headlights as one was out after striping bumper of and buying a ballist pack and ignitor turned out the stupidist thing u should check first the fuse . And got window wiper arms off and satin blacked nice and fresh .

Clio 172
Yesterday went to RS Tuning and got the Black Pearl remapped :D

I serviced the 172 about a month before I went, OEM plugs, OEM filter, and Millers Nanodrive oil

Mods are matched inlets (DIY jobby), decat, catback and a Ktec style induction kit (again a self made, money saving idea).

It Pulled a healthy 170.1 before the map and 174.3 after :D also a good dose of low down torque too :) heres the results;

038_zps764d9ac4.jpg

Pic of the Black pearl :)

116_zpsad982da6.jpg

1.2 16v Dynamique
went to the scrapyard and bought a new positive battery terminal connector and a new battery clamp...and fitted.

172 Cup
Change a brake light and fixed the windscreen washers using the guide from on here. Lesson of the day, don't use a claw hammer to lever the wiper arms off, coming next week - replacement windscreen!

PH2 Flamer
New headlight washers, hoses and pump. Replacement throttle body, rear spring rubber caps. Sourced seat rattle and fixed it.

And booked it in with S&MWM for a lot of work. Sorry savings!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Blackened every grill and bit of exterior trim with black in a flash by turtle wax, worked better than expected! Only until I can afford color coding however :)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Oil + filter change including air filter & the pollen filter, the pollen filter I reckon was last changed when the car was under warranty, original Renault and had its own solar system of dust mites!!

9778368095_35d234f80a_o.jpg

9778380646_819d9231f0_o.jpg

Clio 182 FF
Drove it over to SJM. Wasn't convinced I had the write mini industrial estate, but then saw a reassuring row of Clios all lined up!

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Very busy today on the car :approve: lol

New bonnet seal fitted and new Cliosport tax disc holder :clap:

Solid graft!!!!

I made a super job of both :cool:

Cheers Pat

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sorted the noisy wipers, fitted my Trax sticker, found the route of an annoying rubbing noise, fitted a bracket to hold my sub, sold it's old wheels!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
fitted my ph1 gearstick and yanoo stiff shift, it make's a massive difference to the gear change. no more sloppy/limp gear changes

DSC_0435_zpsdd1994d5.jpg

DSC_0414_zpsf85cb92f.jpg

DSC_0434_zps48798d11.jpg

Last edited:
  Many.
Restored headlights on my DCi, stripped some more of the 172.

Now debating cleaning both cars, and finally spraying the grills black in both.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll post my thoughts tomorrow in your 15s thread. I'm really struggling for the words to describe everything so I'll sleep on it. Motoring journalist, I am not.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Finally back in a Clio 182 after what seems like years!
Got the car home on Saturday but it was too dark to do anything. Sunday morning I disconnected the cruise control button as it wasn't sticking so the cruise control wouldn't stay on. Fixed it by benign the metal pins either end slightly.

Next week I'm going to sand the headlights down to get them looking like new.

LY FF182
fitted my ph1 gearstick and yanoo stiff shift, it make's a massive difference to the gear change. no more sloppy/limp gear changes

DSC_0435_zpsdd1994d5.jpg

DSC_0414_zpsf85cb92f.jpg

DSC_0434_zps48798d11.jpg

would you say the ph1 gear stick is worth it? I'm looking at buying one next week and wanting the yanoo too!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
would you say the ph1 gear stick is worth it? I'm looking at buying one next week and wanting the yanoo too!

Yeah I think it's worth it, it looks a lot nicer than the leather one and feels better. The yanoo is worth it too, the gear changes feel much more tighter and there a lot less play in the stick.