ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Pull the car a part to get my starter motor out as its sticking
vumazepa.jpg
9ypepyge.jpg
9ahuruhe.jpg

Had to remove the drivers side driver shaft oil return pipe from the turbo then the starter, but also found my low pressure power steering pipe to be burst due to rubbing of the heat bracket so that'll have to come out too

Got the centre silencer put back on the Milltek. Completely fell in love with the car again straight away... subtle sound is the way forward.

Taken one step closer to a rattle free clio, by wrapping insulating tape around the tabs on the centre console panels under the a.c. unit. I also put some thin sticky foam on the edges it sits on.

No more squeezing the panels to get them to shut up lol

PH2 Flamer
fitted a new under tray, topped up gearbox oil, two new conti's, new clear side repeaters, front wheel alignment, washed it, now need to fit new headlight washers and hoses.

HBT 172 Cup
New Rack bushes, ARB bushes, Wishbones and balljoints, Inner tie rods, track rod ends and 4 x Federal 595RSR's. Need to finish it off tommorow but cant wait to give it a beating.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Oil and filter and changed the gearbox oil too.

Having said that this really should be posted in the 'what has Scott done to your car today' thread but I couldn't find it! May just be placebo but car feels like its driving so much better now!

Cheers Scott, top man! Hope you enjoy the beers mate.

Curry on me in a few weeks ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Been out in it since 7am hooning like a 17yr old. Decided to not SORN it at the end of rhe month :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oil and filter and changed the gearbox oil too.

Having said that this really should be posted in the 'what has Scott done to your car today' thread but I couldn't find it! May just be placebo but car feels like its driving so much better now!

Cheers Scott, top man! Hope you enjoy the beers mate.

Curry on me in a few weeks ;)

Your welcone mate, boys love seeing little Ron.
Beers will be drunk tonight as I was knackered last night. :(

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Removed all the sound deadening pads from the inside. Can't get over how much they weigh together in a plastic bag!!!

182 ff
fitted a connects 2 for my ipod blew a fuse in the process:mad: panicked at the noises emitting from the dash came on here got learned put a new fuse in and jobs a good un :approve:

RS Clio 172 Cup
Put new rear dampers on, transformed the car. Especially after discovering the cause of my rattle, a loose bolt holding the damper to the arm. There must be some dodgy mechanics out there!! Car now handles great and is quite (as far as French cars go lol)

Now Sold :-(
Where would this water have come from under the rear seat?

Check the rubber grommets next to the rear light clusters when to tailgate is open. Mine were letting in a little water that found its way under the rear seats thanks to the flat boot floor. They are peanuts from the $tealers so worth relpacing.

Focus st170
Removed my crappy uncomfortable coilovers and fitted some eibach sportline springs and yokohama ad08r tyres. Comfort and tons of grip perfect!

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Changed these over as they was waterlogged

ypu6arup.jpg

Gave it a wash and found this near the back arches that I can't get off (small white speckles)

padepydu.jpg

Also gave the recaros a clean and brush

ybyta8a7.jpg

Had a wash. Looked at it disappointingly, as it's covered in swirls, as I haven't had time to keep on top of the finish :(. Ill be detailing it at the beginning of October and trying out a load of products that I won with Polished Bliss, including the AF wax, Desire. :D

I've also sorted out some more wheels, boom. Will hopefully be getting those in about a week and will then be ordering some new tyres (and a couple other bits too).

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Drove it round Silverstone, for a very short amount of time. Got mud on the outside and crumbs on the inside after a full clean yesterday!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Changed these over as they was waterlogged

ypu6arup.jpg

Gave it a wash and found this near the back arches that I can't get off (small white speckles)

padepydu.jpg

Also gave the recaros a clean and brush

ybyta8a7.jpg

those specials are on mine too. Looks like some sort of gravel rash. Been on track?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be small chips from tiny bits of grit and stones being flicked into the paint, mine has a few, no way near as bad as above though thank god.