ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welshname's Monaco 172

Clio 172 Monaco blue
Looking great, out of interest where did you get the 3m kit from, my lights are still awful and am after a finish like yours but have no machine, just good old elbow grease!!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got it from Amazon. linky

And it's worth getting but like I said, I'm not 100% happy with the finish, needed a few more grades before polishing really to get all the fine scratches out. But it's a great start and the drill bit and pad is worth it imo.

Didn't realise you had a 172. Good work with doing the work yourself, especially the cambelt. Keeping it standard-ish?

Clio 172 Monaco blue
Mine is going to have quite a bit of change, and it won't go down well on here but colour being one of them!!! It's mine and I don't care lol, have a few jobs to put right before I get round to doing that, cambelt, suspension, brakes etc

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise you had a 172. Good work with doing the work yourself, especially the cambelt. Keeping it standard-ish?

Only had it two weeks(ish) did the belts the weekend after I collected it as the invoice was very cheap and I didn't trust it, plus the PAS pump needed changing so Jon gave me the one off his ph1.

Keeping it standardish for now. Got a Ktec Stealth arriving tomorrow and next month I'll be looking at koni adjustable shocks and cooksport springs I think. Going to do a trackday or two this year hopefully and probably the ring once, but 90% of the time I'm driving to and from work so I can't deal with another low, uncomfy car but we shall see.

Next year I'm going to price up having two cars and see where we go from there it was just a little out of budget this year so I hope that next year it's doable.

Headlight looks much better than before, decent effort. Get some really fine grades like 1200 and 1500 and that should see you right.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Tonight I was going to attempt to replace the exhaust. But the bolts are completely shagged so I decided I couldn't be arsed and I'll do it at weekend.

Instead I swapped the plugs, rear wiper and air filter.

Old vs New Plug (they look like they've never been changed)

13607860203_42d102f1a7.jpg

Old vs New Air filter

13607844945_85bc9b76bd.jpg

13607849985_755024e4ca.jpg

Luckily swapping the plugs appears to have cured my slight misfire and the car seems to feel a little happier to rev which is nice. It could just be placebo but I was saying to Jonff the other night that the car feels a little down on power since the misfire started.

I also put the new RenaultSport mats in but me being me forgot to get pictures so I'll get some at weekend when it's had a nice clean and I'll even get the camera out.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I will eventually. Hopefully it'll be more feasible next year, but even so that would mean the Monaco is going and a ph1 replacing it...Unless I get attached to it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust arrive ok mate?

Yeah had a nightmare with them. Was due for delivery yesterday, and I was told it would be at my office before 7pm. Stayed there and it didn't show up, rang them and they said it'll be here today, kept checking tracking and at about 2pm it said they couldn't find the address (they apparently rang you but obviously you wouldn't have had any more info). I then kicked up a fuss and may or may not have called someone at UPS a satchel. The driver then came back to my office and suddenly found it with ease.

Strange eh! All looks well though so I'll get it fitted this weekend!

Yeah had a nightmare with them. Was due for delivery yesterday, and I was told it would be at my office before 7pm. Stayed there and it didn't show up, rang them and they said it'll be here today, kept checking tracking and at about 2pm it said they couldn't find the address (they apparently rang you but obviously you wouldn't have had any more info). I then kicked up a fuss and may or may not have called someone at UPS a satchel. The driver then came back to my office and suddenly found it with ease.

Strange eh! All looks well though so I'll get it fitted this weekend!

FLOL. I did get a phone call, and he said he was looking for your building (I told him I'd copied the full address) so he said he shouldn't have had too much trouble. I like how it became a 48hr service when I paid for a 24h service Ffs.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they're morons. Absolute morons. They only showed up because we use them for a lot of deliveries and I told them we would categorically not be using them ever again.

To be fair it wasn't our usual driver as he was off but he still managed to find it within 20 mins of my phone call expressing my disgust.

Cheers for getting it out so quickly though, just a shame UPS failed miserably. Got it for this weekend though which is what I was after.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped the exhaust over today for an unsilenced K-Tec Stealth.

Old exhaust was completely rotten, holes everywhere also you can see my temporary bodge which held up well. Just a shame it was blowing from about 6 other places.

Literally held my knife about 6 inches above it and it stuck in.

13649048153_fd5e25987a.jpg

13649002433_0c8f46571d.jpg

13649336164_b9717fe5cb.jpg

Not completely happy with how the exhaust is sat currently, it's knocking occasionally too and I'm missing the clamp on the sleeved section between centre section and the flange. Will try and get one sorted this weekend and get the alignment a little better.

13648998043_cc94f1b80f.jpg

First impressions are that it's really boomy. It's not THAT loud but the noise really resonates around your skull when you're at low revs. Once you are up in the revs it sounds brilliant but as it stands it's far too droney. I'll probably have a silencer put in eventually but I'll see how I get on.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the handbrake cable, flushing the fluid and an oil and filter change.