ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well done to scoff @ scoff tuning

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: 551 bhp renault 5

Bloody hell. Ridiculous.

Does anyone have any pictures of the car itself?

172 cup

thats where your wrong mate, ive been speaking to norm who is very good mates with scoff and that engine has only failed once back at fcs 07 when it was at the circa 300 hp stage of tune....that was down to the standard bottom end letting go!!

thats where your wrong, it self distructed this year. But has come back with a fresh build and more power. Still fairly reliable but its all trial end error when your mixing machined parts from other cars

Ph1

Its a engine pushing serious limits. Its no disgrace and is to be expected if its had the odd fail.
Folk will be asking what mpg it gets next haha

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

granted yes you can run a turbo on a high comp engine but not if you want to run big power you cant. More room for forced induction + more fuel = bigger bang . . simpels.

Unless your talking about you w**kel engined mazda of course then thats a completely different kettle of fish

rubbish! on piston engines in oz there are hondas running turbo with high comp running 600-700bhp and doing 10 sec 1/4's and lower!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

infact i know of a 1.6 honda block in the uk running 11:1 ratio turbo'd and running over 500bhp... so dont give the whole you cant run high compression with forced induction and not get big power as its rubbish!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172

infact i know of a 1.6 honda block in the uk running 11:1 ratio turbo'd and running over 500bhp... so dont give the whole you cant run high compression with forced induction and not get big power as its rubbish!

Very true. Was at the Nurburgring this weekend and there was a turbo'd Civic running a high C/R and big boost. Was pissing on most things around there and was spinning the front wheels at well over 100mph past us.

LY 200

haha remember trying to follow scoff back from fcs last year when he gave it beans, pulled away like i was in reverse :(

Same thing happened to me on route to FCS last year lol - seriously seriously quick and the guys such a legend as mentioned before.

I think he said its a volvo crank to lower to torque output so not to melt too many gearboxes ?

might have been norm that mentioned it though

RB 182
not sure if it has already been posted but Scoff's turbocharged 172 based engine recently put down around 511bhp on rolling road day that motorscope was hosting.. mind blowing :race:

Last edited: