ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo @ Pod 12.3@ 117mph

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Got my arm twisted into going to santa pod today, Dan el turbo man has been pestering me for weeks to go and i eventually caved in

initial plan was to run his car and i'd just passenger down, but in end i took the turbo..........couldn't resist!!!

had a cracking day and laid down my best time yet, finally set a couple of decent 60ft's as well peak being the best run!

i got consistently into the mid 12's most of the morning, and eventually just before lunch struck into the low's with a 12.36@117mph. 60ft or 2.06 :) :) olay!!!

and this is from a car that split a pipe on way down and was botched up oin tesco carpark again, after the fiasco with radiators and head tanks at mallory as well!

still confused about the header tank pressure issues but after re-routing the turbo water pipes the issues seems less pronounced, so roll on donny, see how it goes :)

then after lunch me and dan swapped cars and had a blat in each others, both to fairly useless effect! weird as i cant drive his and he could only crack 12.9 in mine as well, madness!!!lol!!!

then we had the inevitable incident, dan's second gear decided it had had enough and ran off into the sunset, so off home he limped!!! quick swap ready for donny on the cards now!!

cheers to Dan and Bacon for a top day!

slip below for your delectation folks!!

cheers

Coops

Photo0282.jpg

big boost cup
Thats a good time you got what sort of set up is that running? jealous yes as i could only manage a 13.04. lol. Glad you had a good day out at the pod i cant wait to get mine up there

535d / t5 caravelle
Thats a good time you got what sort of set up is that running? jealous yes as i could only manage a 13.04. lol. Glad you had a good day out at the pod i cant wait to get mine up there

that ain't shy either, what was your terminal speed?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup

It's a valver with a whacking great turbo on it & so is the other car on that slip :approve:

big boost cup
I seached for some pics that things as beast. and that is some extreme stripage going on there. cant wait till mines forged now wonder how low into the 12s it will go

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
totally stock lump, just pistons and some boost

stripped but caged, around 900kg i reckon and 270 odd bhp conservative estimate

time was done on road tyres as mentioned ;-)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Not bad lad, Dan's car's is always broken to be fair...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Great time mate seen many BIG cheque book cars fail to get anywhere near that !

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Coops has got the old 1/4 mile launching skills finely tuned, some of the guys on clio16valver get him to drive their cars up the strip when we're there to get a good idea of what times they should be getting :approve: