ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Help needed Bonnet Stuck shut and wont open !Managed to remove front bumper

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anyone know how i can get the bonnet to unlatch ?

Ive been re-fitting bonnet catch and cableive closed it try and it wont open !

I checkedthe cable end was moving when pulling the handleinside but once the bonnet had fully closed it wont release !

imanged toget the bumper of but even pulling on the sencondary catch it wont release!

any ideas on how togetit open ?:mad:

Ibiza
Re: Urgent Help needed Bonnet Stuck shut and wont open !Managed to remove front bumpe

have u tryed getting some one to pull the cable while u try n pull the bonnet up

clio mk1 RSI
Re: Urgent Help needed Bonnet Stuck shut and wont open !Managed to remove front bumpe

as above and if that doesnt work push the bonnet down then get someonw to pull the cable, then pull the bonnet up. Are you 100% the cable has been fitted properly?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172

managed to do it.yeah thats how i normally open it with one person puling on the cable. i just kept waggling up and down on the bonnet and it did open !
i need to have alook why it it doesnt pop up,its either the cable isnt stretching enough or that there is somethink wrong with the spring on the bonnet keeping it latched shut !

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

I did it, too when I took the bumper off to change the radiator. Glad you got it open. Need to line up the catch accurately. I just used a blob of grease on the end of the spring to see how much I had to move the catch's hole.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2

slacken the catch and close the bonnet, it lines itself up. then gently open the bonnet and nip the bolts up! sorted

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172

Cheers i willgive this a try and seehowi get on

Blobeye WRX STi W/T

slacken the catch and close the bonnet, it lines itself up. then gently open the bonnet and nip the bolts up! sorted
can anyone else confirm this a good way of doing it..
I bodged mine slightly when changing my radiator, so it's pretty stiff to open (have to pull the relase around 5 times for it to pop up)

I'm a bit cautious when it comes to the bonnet, for obvious reasons with the these clios