ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Grill Removal - Help Needed!

Clio Front Grill.jpg

So, one of plastic rivets has popped out from the top of my front grill (mk2 ph2) causing the bonnet catch spring to get caught on the grill when I open the bonnet. The whole grill has moved back towards the engine bay & won't push into place.

I need to remove the grill & replace it.. but can't see the clips that hold it to the bumper.

There are plastic rivet clips each side at the top, but don't know how to release it from the bottom?

Seen a few posts saying that you don't need to remove the whole bumper?

Here's one post I found on the CS forum:

pull the grille forward the bumper will look like it's bending but it wont mis shape, if you pull the grill towards you on the left hand side you will see an air box thingy which just unclips then there is a clip on the top left you have to bend the clips out the way and work your way round if you apply a decent amount of force most of them just pop off, don't be scared it wont break but as ou go round it will pop off the right hand side is quite tight because the radiator is in the way. changed mine for a sport girill less than two weeks ago.

With all due respect to the OP it doesn't make a lot of sense. My airbox is on the right hand side (facing the engine bay) and don't know where the bottom clips are?

Help needed please!