ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet wont open help please

Ment to be going away monday and now the bonnet wont open , drove it to my local garage and they have pulled the cable down behind the bumper and yet it will still not open , im not very good with cars and they told me the only option i have is go in through the bonnegt then replace it for a new one :(

​this seems abit drestic please anyone in herts can help

clio 172 sport ph1
by the sounds of it matey the bonnet catch on the slam panel is out of line with the bonnet, I have the same problem just haven't got round to doing it lol he the bonnet catch in the car works then what I do is pull the catch then at the same time give the bonnet a tap and it springs up, just needs realigning, there are 2 bolts under the black trim on the slam panel which will move and adjust if you loosen them off, then it's trial and error mate, hope this helps :)

Honda & VW
What car is this on? I know the 182's had a recall on this but that was years ago, wonder if yours is listed as being done?

If you get most of the bumper off you can remove it from the grille then use a long screwdriver to hit the bottom of the bonnet pin . If u have someone in the car holding the bonnet pull up then hit the screwdriver with a hammer it will pop it open.
Then you can re align the slam panel better once its open.