ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uncharted 3

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I lied - just got it today. And am loving it, as expected but I'm stuck..
in the tower in Syria (?), got as far swinging on the outside of it on chains, and getting back in through the window. Then nothing, I'm just going round in circles..
Any ideas?

You, managed this yet? It took me a while but....
there is a door in the center of the room, it took me a while to find it. I think it's on the higher level (above the window)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it is a superb game. Finished it at the weekend. Think I clocked around 11 or 12 hours in total.

Graphically incredible and the characters and storyline were excellent too.

Revels Mum & Sister
Stop it Scutch!!! There is COD MP, Elder Scrolls, Uncharted!! Too many games so little time :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone played online with it yet? Is it better (faster with the match making) than the previous game?

I'll get back on it tomorrow when I'm home again. Can't be too far from finishing it now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Anyone played online with it yet? Is it better (faster with the match making) than the previous game?

I'll get back on it tomorrow when I'm home again. Can't be too far from finishing it now.

Regarding the chapters,
There are 22, IIRC.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Regarding the chapters,
There are 22, IIRC.

Yeah I've just checked. Shouldn't take too long then I hope.

Think I have a decent haul of treasures too. They seem quite easy to find this time.

Finish this on normal and then play through on crushing I think.... That will be interesting!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've just finished this.

Really enjoyed the game as a whole. Some parts were very frustrating though. Some of the camera angles were a bit iffy when running.

Going to try it online for an hour I think.

Got upto chapter 14 on Sunday, the day I got it. I haven't been on it since, as I don't want to finish it; cos then I know I'll never touch it again.Yes, I am the coolest person you don't know.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few hours online earlier. Not too bad but it takes a lot to kill someone. Either that or I had bad lag in every game!

Think I might trade it in for COD or Battlefield though soon before its worthless...

Thought the ending was a bit meh tbh although I think there will be another game to follow. They need to address the movement issues too, some of the controls when running (certain scenes) are a bit shoddy imo.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Enjoying this alot more than MW3 and have to say it's nip and tuck with Batman thus far for me

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you played much online with it? How are you finding it in 3d too?

I loved the single player but the online didn't really do it for me.

Nah no online. I stopped playing it in 3D. Whilst impressive, it's not really the kind of game that suits it IMO. You lose a bit of detail, which is not an issue for shooters, but in a game where you're exploring things and interacting up-close in detail with the environment all the time, it becomes a bit of an eye strain. The graphics are immense, and they are robbed of some sparkle in 3D mode. 3D is epic for FPS shooters and CGI animated Blu-rays, but not so much for Uncharted 3.

Never mind console, I would say that the graphics in this game are up there with anything on PC. Perhaps not on a technical level, but the way they are used and implemented. Christ knows what these boys could do with DX11 and high resolution.

As for the game. Well. I have not completed it yet so can't say for sure, but this has a placeholder for best game ever made IMO. It is a landmark in video gaming history. Astonishingly good. Worth buying a PS3 for.

As a brucey bonus, my TV has a few of those motion smoothing frame creation modes, and when enabled, it looks like Uncharted 3 is running at 200fps. Proper melted butter smooth. Mental.

I love Lamp
Just completed this, absolutely gutted now as it's over :( I don't have the patience to replay it all again to look for trophies and I did it on hard so off to the trade in/ebay it goes and onto assassins creed me thinks.. Aweomse game though

This game is getting on my breasts now actually. It's brilliant, but why is there so much of what has always been the weakest point in the series...combat? The game's strengths are the atmosphere, platforming and puzzling. It's one massive weakness is the combat mechanics, so why insist on putting so much in? The fighting and shooting is part of the charm for sure, and I don't expect it to be perfect, but it's not ideal at all.

I thought the same thing about the first game, but felt that the balance in the sequel was better. Now they seem to have swung back toward too much irritating fighting. For that alone, it deserves two points less than the perfect ten. A little bit less annoying shooting, and a little bit more of what the game excels at, and I agree it's a ten scoring title. I actually feel like I've been slightly trolled by some of the reviews.

Having said that, it's not enough to ruin the game, and I always forgive it for its failings because it's awesome.

Megane 225 F1
I'm tempted to trade a few games in tomorrow to get this.

LOVED the 2nd one but never played the 1st. Is it just as awesome as the 2nd?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted to trade a few games in tomorrow to get this.

LOVED the 2nd one but never played the 1st. Is it just as awesome as the 2nd?

Yes I personally think it is. I loved the 2nd, never played the 1st and I think this is as good as the 2nd, maybe better. There are a few annoying parts though and some of the angles could be better.

Definitely worth getting imo.

I think it has sections that elevate it to greatness, but overall I think the second game is probably better. That said, I have yet to complete this one, so I appreciate there are no doubt moments that will win me over again. My only gripe is that they fixed the combat bias from the first game, and then went back to it for the third. It's not that it's overly hard, it's just that at times when it is hard, I feel like the controls are making it hard. The engine is best suited to clambering and puzzle solving. Mind you, there are some really good fun moments with grenades and stuff.

Still the best games available on PS3 whichever way you slice it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Roy's comments.

Although, I do find some of the combat sections a little bit annoying - after a couple of go's I've given up in the ship for a bit as it was annoying me. (I'm pinned down the back by snipers and people coming at me after killing a few people).

I really enjoy the puzzles and jumping as it's something fun and different.

I can't remember Uncharted 2 too much, but I can't remember it being alot better than 3.

I love Lamp
after a couple of go's I've given up in the ship for a bit as it was annoying me. (I'm pinned down the back by snipers and people coming at me after killing a few people)

You done this bit yet??

There is a laser pistol thing on the stage behind you, grab that straight away to take out the 2 snipers then beat up one of the shotgun dudes and get his shotgun then go rampage about.

Octy VRS
I think it has sections that elevate it to greatness, but overall I think the second game is probably better. That said, I have yet to complete this one, so I appreciate there are no doubt moments that will win me over again. My only gripe is that they fixed the combat bias from the first game, and then went back to it for the third. It's not that it's overly hard, it's just that at times when it is hard, I feel like the controls are making it hard. The engine is best suited to clambering and puzzle solving. Mind you, there are some really good fun moments with grenades and stuff.

Still the best games available on PS3 whichever way you slice it.
Arse, that's put me off. Just picked it up for £17 in our shop too so wondering whether to trade it in for Skyrim instead. Should get a decent price I'd have thought. I don't have much time to play games anymore and I'm missing a massive open world game to mooch about in when I do. Think I might trade and then pick it up at a later date.

The two can't realistically be compared, but if pushed, I'd say that Uncharted 3 isn't even in the same ballpark as Skyrim. The latter game is so MUCH better.

U3 is great, but is nowhere near a 10. Perma-respawning enemies is reason enough to score it only a nine. Basically IGN were paid off.

F82 M4
You can't really compare Uncharted to Skyrim. I've always been a massive Uncharted fan boy but Skyrim is a different story. It really is *probably* one of the greatest and best made games of all time. I would hate to think of the amount of time it took Bethesda to create Skyrim.

Octy VRS
Well considering Fallout 3 and Oblivion are in my top 5 games ever I'm trading U3 tomorrow for Skyrim.

Golf R/Leon FR
I've just finished this. Took me 10 hours or so. Got just over 70 treasures on the way. Was slightly disappointed with the game overall. The combat controls, and aiming have gone backwards. Also it lacked in riddles/puzzles. It could have been better with more puzzles to do.