ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Red 200.

What would you pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ultra Red 200 ordered.

Good news mate, your cars at Teesport, just spoke to my dad & he said its the only ultra red there & it's marked down for Cheshire so it's got to be yours, but still get me the chassis number do he can double check & he will get it rushed through for you. It's down for the alarm to be fitted in the morning too. I'll get you a cheeky picture ;) Like I said it will get washed though get the Dewax off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Awesome! Yeah, that'll be the one mate! A picture would be amazing, cheers!

I'll get you the chassis number in the morning. It was our sales fella's day off today so I didn't call.

Excite!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

I'll get you the chassis number in the morning. It was our sales fella's day off today so I didn't call.

Excite!

Actually excited for you lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

true story, tried the same scenario with engine 2 and its held up so dont know what happened with the first. New one feels much stronger mid range too and ran 202.3BHP with 2000 miles on it last week so think the first was a nail!

Is there some sort of Scottish autobahn that I don't know about? Didn't you do silly speeds in the gt with decent mpg lol?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Excite!

I remember how I felt when I had the call confirming my 172 Cup was on its way down to me from Stockport. No work was done on that Friday. None. At all. I couldn't think about anything else with the excitement!

Mini Cooper S sport

Good news mate, your cars at Teesport, just spoke to my dad & he said its the only ultra red there & it's marked down for Cheshire so it's got to be yours, but still get me the chassis number do he can double check & he will get it rushed through for you. It's down for the alarm to be fitted in the morning too. I'll get you a cheeky picture ;) Like I said it will get washed though get the Dewax off.

Was that the one they were cleaning with a brillo pad?

Excited for you Christopher!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I love the way it's the only Ultra Red one there. Damn right it's the only one. Hero colour.

The last time I had a brand new car is was my little 1.2 Dynamique.

It's so much more special this time around though, because it's such a specific build I really feel like its mine already.

Geeky? Probably. I don't care though. :eek:

Excite!

Dads down at Bmw tomorrow but he said he will get you a picture & send me it, a R27 is on the cards for me end of the summer I think but I'm really tempted by one of these instead.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I've just messaged you on FB with my chassis number mate.

If you can get a few pictures and your Dad can give me an update from the docks, then that'd be awesome.

Thanks again!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

ooo so exciting!!

supprised they get washed at the docks tho. ours dont, they are all covered with a white plastic that doesnt come off till its PDId

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Craig mentioned that Dieppe cover them in a waxy protective layer that's washed off at the import centre?

It's probably washed by a pissed Frenchman with a fag hanging out of his mouth using a soggy baguette and some Fairy liquid.

I'm not overly fussed about the odd tiny defect from it being washed, it'll be corrected on the first dry weekend that I have it anyway.

I've stocked up on nerdy detailing bits in preparation.

320d

There's no better feeling than getting a brand new vehicle. I've only ever had one brand new one and that was a scooter when I was 16. If you can stand to take the hit on depreciation then buying new is awesome.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

The length of time that I keep cars, depreciation on a new one is less of an issue.

Plus, having one built for you is way more exciting.

Long-term, I'd love a black leather/alcantara retrim from Edge. It's still come in cheaper than ordering the leather Recaros from the factory.

Short-term, it's getting the Clio badge removed, plain plates and 6k HIDs fitted before Le Mans. Before CSS it'll have H&R springs and 15mm spacers all round.

Because show pony.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

Audi Black is notoriously soft :( hopefully ill have chance friday morning to polish and wax it to get some protection on before i really drive it. beyond that i dont really have a clue haha

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Oh God, I forgot it was black! :eek:

Fancy going to the 'Introduction to detailing day?'

You might get a few pointers there. It's on the meetings section for our area.

I'm taking the 200. You should come along. :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LMAO. I'm undecided mate; that's why I've bought neither already but have bought everything else.

Going to see how it looks once it's up to my standard.

I must admit, having a totally standard car will feel a little alien to me for a while.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

How much are those retrims that Edge do? Been on their website, looks like superb work. Bet it costs though?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

Oh God, I forgot it was black! :eek:

Fancy going to the 'Introduction to detailing day?'

You might get a few pointers there. It's on the meetings section for our area.

I'm taking the 200. You should come along. :)

I think im free, n its only round the corner, they had a dodo juice demo day on this weekend, i was going to go as our team is sponsored by them and was going to say hello but ended up getting side tracked

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

How much are those retrims that Edge do? Been on their website, looks like superb work. Bet it costs though?

~£800 for both front seats in black leather/alcantara with red stitching.

Steering wheel retrim would be around another £200. Gearknob another £80.

So you're looking at around a grand, probably.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, have you seen the UR R27 interior they did? It's on their site.

That's exactly what I'd like, minus the R27 stitching, obviously. lol.

Cracking work though.

I must admit, having a totally standard car will feel a little alien to me for a while.

It will.

But when you can hear yourself think on the motorway, you're not fearing speedbumps and you can tick the 'my car is standard' box for your insurance, it all feels gooooooooood.

An orange one

It will.

But when you can hear yourself think on the motorway, you're not fearing speedbumps and you can tick the 'my car is standard' box for your insurance, it all feels gooooooooood.

+1 mum and dad have had their 200 since january 2010 (brand new) and ive driven it a fair bit, and never felt the want to change anything, its damn nice to drive!

Audi S1

It will.

This.

My Clio was quiet noisy, driving on the motorway was always annoying.

The only thing I'd say is the exhaust could sound better.

I've changed the obvious OEM things like bulbs but there really isn't much that needs improving on the 200, especially with all the options ticked.

Edit: 3 200's in different colours going to the detailing day... it would be rude not to get some photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.