ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clubsport 200?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just a few updates since my last post. Sold the Sportsters and ordered some fixed Corbeau Clubsports. Had the wheel, gearknob and gaiter retrimmed by Jack at Royal as well. All dark grey Alcantara with red stitching. Had an Ultra Racing rear brace painted satin black and fitted that too. I doubt it does much but it was cheap enough and divides up the luggage area nicely once I find the right netting to suit.

Borrowed my mate's Pole Position to try to fit, as my Clubsports have been delayed by four weeks. Unfortunately they don't line up with my OMP subframes but was worth a shot... and it gives me an idea of how the finished product will look. Just red seatbelts left to order now and possibly having the RS Monitor 'hood' on the dashboard trimmed by Royal also. I trimmed the 'A pillar covers' in Alcantara myself to match.

Ignore the height of the seat. There's no subframe in there so not the fitted height.

IMG_4328_zps6mfti1ll.jpg

IMG_4333_zps1rctr2qs.jpg

IMG_4339_zpsppirigza.jpg

IMG_4297_zpsxbrilqxp.jpg

A bit of a Marmite one, but I personally love them... I have a set of 200 Cup side mouldings to go on too, the unpainted black plastic ones. So did a quick PS of how it'll look... which Instagram then raped for quality time a hundred, but you get the idea.

Capture_zpsqbsc2wpg.jpg

The car as it sits now:

5D_37672_zpscjkueacc.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Properly love this, not keen on the plastic bump strips though, makes it look a bit dated compared to the colour coded ones you've got on now. If you like them though, go for it.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Looks seriously good mate. Love the retrimm, you should get the end of the handbrake done too. What are you using to keep the boot mat level? Have you still got the rear seats in and down?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looks seriously good mate. Love the retrimm, you should get the end of the handbrake done too. What are you using to keep the boot mat level? Have you still got the rear seats in and down?
Thanks
Everything's stripped from the rear and just carpeted to keep it all tidy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Been following this on FB/Insta - I do like how you mod your cars. No skimping and subtle but classy mods. Little details like the gear gaiter and wheel make all the difference. Had mine done to match too.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
By the way, how tricky was it to trim the A pillars yourself? Trying to find someone to flock some bits for my meg with no luck so might just try myself, only small bits.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Been following this on FB/Insta - I do like how you mod your cars. No skimping and subtle but classy mods. Little details like the gear gaiter and wheel make all the difference. Had mine done to match too.

Thanks mate. I've always had that approach; I'm not really a fan of stick-on parts/stickers/clutter. Just little touches and make it more usable. The same reason it's not a fully stripped "track car" too. I'd just regret it when I wanted to use it on the road, which is where it'll be driven most, after all.

By the way, how tricky was it to trim the A pillars yourself? Trying to find someone to flock some bits for my meg with no luck so might just try myself, only small bits.

Really easy. Trim to size with around 50mm spare around all sides when the pillar is face down into the material backing. Then coat the pillar and the backing with 3M spray adhesive and stretch it around the shape. Make sure to stretch it around rather than just lay it flat, as there are a few curves and angles that need to be pulled into. It took me about an hour for the two pieces while I was watching TV. Not a tough job at all. Then just leave overnight indoors to dry fully and you're golden.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thanks mate. I've always had that approach; I'm not really a fan of stick-on parts/stickers/clutter. Just little touches and make it more usable. The same reason it's not a fully stripped "track car" too. I'd just regret it when I wanted to use it on the road, which is where it'll be driven most, after all.

Really easy. Trim to size with around 50mm spare around all sides when the pillar is face down into the material backing. Then coat the pillar and the backing with 3M spray adhesive and stretch it around the shape. Make sure to stretch it around rather than just lay it flat, as there are a few curves and angles that need to be pulled into. It took me about an hour for the two pieces while I was watching TV. Not a tough job at all. Then just leave overnight indoors to dry fully and you're golden.
Sorted, might give that a blast then. A pillars and couple of top dash parts - how much did the materials cost?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorted, might give that a blast then. A pillars and couple of top dash parts - how much did the materials cost?

Free for me, since a mate had some spare so I have no idea what a small piece goes for. I'd say you'd be fine with a 500mm square but I'd check just in case the Megane ones are larger than the Mk3 Clio trims. :up:

ps. Our avatars still confuse the f*ck out of me. 😂

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Free for me, since a mate had some spare so I have no idea what a small piece goes for. I'd say you'd be fine with a 500mm square but I'd check just in case the Megane ones are larger than the Mk3 Clio trims. :up:

ps. Our avatars still confuse the f*ck out of me. 😂
Ha I've changed mine! This is my Aintree one. Will have a new 'burg one in July :)

Not a 320d
Looks great, this is and always has been my favorite Clio 200. I would have those spacers 5mm or so shorter but whatever it looks legit.

How do you find the pole positions compared to the sportster (i know they arent fitted to the car I did read)...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the strips. Proper clubsport spec.

I would need to get the headlining done though or it would do my but in.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd half the spacers, but that's just me and my hatered of them in general

Cup spec bump strips will look epic, used to love them on the 197

Akrapovic to finish it off :up:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looks great. These next?
View attachment 183379

LOL! ...I already have some. Just need to whip the door card off and figure out some kind of spreader plate for the back of it.

😂

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Thank man, yeah I love the look of the black strips. Need to C4 the sh*t out of them this weekend when I've picked them up.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd half the spacers, but that's just me and my hatered of them in general

Cup spec bump strips will look epic, used to love them on the 197

Akrapovic to finish it off :up:

Personally I think that they sound dull. I'm sure people just pay through the nose to say that they have one.
I'll look at a new system but it'll probably be an Oreca single setup. Hardcore.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

It's on the list! I'm looking for a spare headliner to have a go myself. Even just to spray dye it. They're cheap enough.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the sprays work well also. The one I did in alcantara was very easy then we sprayed the sun visors with a vinyl spray. Looked immense inside.

Akrapovic sound so average on the clio, I've still no idea why people go nuts for them. The whole idea of an exhaust system aftermarket is noise.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah the sprays work well also. The one I did in alcantara was very easy then we sprayed the sun visors with a vinyl spray. Looked immense inside.

Akrapovic sound so average on the clio, I've still no idea why people go nuts for them. The whole idea of an exhaust system aftermarket is noise.

Exactly. The main advantage in my eyes is the weight saving, but I'd imagine most people buy them just to say they have one. Lol. The Oreca system is almost half the cost, nearly as light thanks to the single exit and sounds 100x better.

Do you know what spray dye was used? I'm struggling to find one that comes recommended!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Miltek's sound really good on the 197/200s. Couldn't bare having one effectively fake exhaust with the Oreca.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think the Miltek's sound really good on the 197/200s. Couldn't bare having one effectively fake exhaust with the Oreca.
Unless you were in line with the diffuser you couldn't tell. The pipes are set back around an inch or so anyway.
Plus, racekor.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Just looked, jesus the Oreca are cheap! ~€500 for a titanium exhaust!

Edit: It's stainless, made to look like titanium, but still cheap!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just looked, jesus the Oreca are cheap! ~€500 for a titanium exhaust!

Edit: It's stainless, made to look like titanium, but still cheap!

Ha, yeah was going to say it's a stainless system. Half the cost of a Akra, almost as light because it's single and sounds better to boot.